• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player stops playing games after most recent update.

Mar 16, 2012 Mar 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My father uses the website PCHGAMES.COM, daily.  He loves to play bingo.  Earlier this week Flash Player updates itself and now PCHGAMES.COM, bingo will not play.  It would let you chose which room to go to, and play the movie before the game, but when it gets to loading the room and chose the bingo cards all you get is a RED X.  After coming over to see what the issue was, and following all solutions on Flash Player games, video, or audio don't work | Windows page... The only solution that works is #7. Disable Flash Player hardware acceleration.  Once I followed these instructions, the bingo game played fine as long as he did not leave that page or window.  If he got bored and went to play another game and then came back to bingo it would not work again.  Then I would have to come back over and do #7. Disable Flash Player hardware acceleration, except this time it would be checking the box and Enable Flash Player hardware acceleration.  My father is disabled and doesn't understand why all of a sudden bingo will not work when it has been fine for 3 years.

Currently his computer is using Windows Vista (32-bit), using IE Version 9.0.8112.16421, with Flash Player Version 11.1.102.63

Is there any way to fix this other than having to come back to Adobe's site and enable or disable this checkbox every time he wants to play bingo?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 16, 2012 Mar 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is that computer's display adapter, device driver version & date (see http://forums.adobe.com/thread/945765)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 17, 2012 Mar 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was a good try...But still didn't help.  Went through Intel and they pointed me back to HP.

Product Detected Intel® G33/G31
Current Driver Installed 7.14.10.1461
A customized computer manufacturer driver is installed on your computer. The Intel Driver Update Utility is not able to update the driver. Installing a generic Intel driver instead of the customized computer manufacturer driver may cause technical issues. Contact your computer manufacturer for the latest driver for your computer.

HP then scanned through and told me that this was the latest Diver (7.14.10.1461)

So therefore in theory, it is up to date.

Any other ideas??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2012 Apr 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

LW327, this is an issue that really annoys me! Laptop manufacturers produce their own 'custom' drivers that are actually, in most cases, exactly the same as generic drivers, except often years out of date! If there are actually any differences, then it's a few hooks into manufacturer installed programs, so installing a generic driver may, in the worst case, only cut down on some functionality with associated OEM supplied software.

There are 2 ways around your problem to install the newest Intel driver:-

1) Download the newest driver from Intel. Uninstall your current driver, reboot, and manually install the Intel one.

2) Download the zip version of the Intel driver. Unzip it to a directory, then update your driver by picking the location where you unpacked the archive. This allows any checks that may scupper an install over the top of a custom driver to be avoided.

Once you have the latest Intel driver installed, you'll get updates via Microsoft Update. There again, I just checked the Intel website and the latest G31/33 driver is dated May 2009, so installing it probably wont make any difference to your predicament. There again, the real issue here is that flash is messed up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2012 Apr 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can run PCHgames in Firefox or Chrome, then your problem is an Internet Explorer problem. You can also go to Candystand and see if you play their games in IE. Candystand is a PCH gaming site too. If you can play those games in IE, then you know it is not a video driver issue.

In my experience, resetting IE (any version) to its default settings usually fixes this type of problem with flash, IE, and PCHGames. I know that Microsoft sent out some updates this week, as did Adobe, and I am sure some commonly used add-ons had updates as well. They tend to bump heads, such updates - Especially when they all come in during a short period of time.

Tools, Internet options,  advanced, reset Internet Explorer settings (while keeping all personal data). Close the browser, and open it back up.

Hope this helps!

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines