• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Getting error 21 message

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2012 Apr 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to install the trial version of InDesign. I d/loaded it to my desktop using the Adobe Download Assistant ( Windows 7 - 64 bit ) .

When it gets to the installing stage I get an error message Error 21, asking me to re-boot my PC. I do this and try again and it's still the same. Ive also tried installing it without my anti-virus turned on too, but same results.

I'd like to try InDesign before deciding to buy, but if I cant get the trial installed I maight as well not bother, can anyone help?

many thanks

Andy Whitham.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The files are downloaded on your computer ....so what happen when you click on the EXE file..?

Can you provide the screen shot of the error ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, the folder is on my desktop, hang on and I'll paste a screenshot..thanks  ~aw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hit setup, it starts to go through its stuff, get to the part where it asks you for serial number / or trial version, so I click the radio button that says install the product as a Trial version & select Language : english international , after a few seconds this is what I see ( see screenshot )

indesignscreenshot.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your task manager for other instances of setup.exe and msiexec.exe processes from other installs and terminate them. There are install operations pending from someone else and thus the Adobe stuff can never finish. Also perhaps provide the install logs for more detailed analysis...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I checked the startup manager , but didnt really see anything there, but, on the installation box it does say that there is already InDesign on the computer ????? I did a search and all it found was the InDesign folder Ive just d/loaded from Adobe.

The install logs seem a big task for me to attempt, but I'll take a look.

thanks

andy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines