3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 28, 2012 6:27 AM by UlfLaursen RSS

Output timeline to HDMI monitor

UlfLaursen Community Member

Hi

I am using PPRO CS 5.5 on PC and looking to upgrade to CS 6 when it comes out.

I would like to get an output to an HDMI monitor, and would probably need a card for that.

I have seen several cards on the web, but kind of unsure, which to chose. I only need preview output; no input.

Thanks.

Ulf

• 1. Re: Output timeline to HDMI monitor
          Harm Millaard CommunityMVP

Every modern day video card can output to two monitors, AMD Eyefinity cards even up to 6 monitors and the nVidia GTX 680 up to 4 monitors.

So if you only use a single monitor and want to add a second monitor, you probably only need the correct cable. If you use dual monitors and want to add a third monitor, then your choices are limited to the 680 or an AMD, or two GTX 4xx or two GTX 5xx cards that use the same driver.

• 2. Re: Output timeline to HDMI monitor

Thanks a lot, Harm - as always, spot on :)

/Ulf

• 3. Re: Output timeline to HDMI monitor

Hi Harm

I want to look more into this solution, because I might get into trouble using a black magic intensity pro with a newer asus motherboard (the line of recommended boards is very narrow).

I have the GTX 570 installed in my PC and would install another GTX 4/5xx card too - so far so good :)

How would I get the timeline output on one of the outputs of this extra card? Should I put in a setting in PPRO?

Thanks

Ulf