3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 25, 2012 11:35 AM by kglad RSS

Adobe Flash Cs4 is missing a Panel layout

The error message that came up was...

XML parsing fatal error: Invalid document structure, Line:1, File: /Users/(my name)/Library/Application Support/Adobe Flash CS4/en/Configuration/Workspace/Essentials.xml

When i click OK the same message comes up again. WHen i Click OK on this box it comes up with..

The following panel layout is missing and cannot be read

/Users/(my name)/Library/Application Support/Adobe Flash CS4/en/Configuration/Workspace/Essentials.xml

The application will not have a correct layout. please load one from Windows -> Workspace

When i went to look at The essentials file It was empty and had no writing in it.

I have no Windows folder (i belive) but i do have a windowsSWF folder

What do i need to do? I have seen similar problems when ive searched the forums but none of them have helped me.

I have tried to reinstall it and the problem was still there.

• 1. Re: Adobe Flash Cs4 is missing a Panel layout
          kglad MVP

here are the cs4 Essentials.xml contents:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no" ?>

<document maximize="true" rect="0 0 500 500"/>

<panelframe dock="right" iconmodewidth="118">

<panelcontainer expanded="true" height="692" visible="true">

<panel height="692" id="droverproperties" unconstrainedheight="114" unconstrainedwidth="260" width="260"/>

<panel column0id="1" column0width="230.00" column1id="2" column1width="230.00" column2id="3" column2width="70.00" column3id="4" column3width="135.00" column4id="5" column4width="70.00" filename="" height="692" id="droverlibrary" previewwithgrid="0" previewwithmoviebackground="1" sortasending="1" sortcolumn="1" splitter="0.06" unconstrainedheight="114" unconstrainedwidth="260" width="260"/>

<panelframe dock="right" height="724" width="34" x="2" y="25">

<panelcontainer expanded="true" height="724" visible="true">

<panel height="1422" id="tools" unconstrainedheight="175" unconstrainedwidth="189" width="24"/>

<panelframe dock="bottom" height="204" x="1" y="1">

<panelcontainer expanded="true" height="180" visible="true">

<panel height="180" id="drovertimeline" isInLayerMode="false" unconstrainedheight="180" unconstrainedwidth="600"/>

<panel height="180" id="keyframeeditor" unconstrainedheight="180" unconstrainedwidth="600" width="1100"/>

<panel height="180" id="output" unconstrainedheight="180" unconstrainedwidth="600" visibleTab="false"/>

<panel height="180" id="compiler errors" unconstrainedheight="180" unconstrainedwidth="600" visibleTab="false"/>

• 2. Re: Adobe Flash Cs4 is missing a Panel layout

WHAT do i do with?

• 3. Re: Adobe Flash Cs4 is missing a Panel layout
              kglad MVP

that was a response to dp12 who should have copied that code, saved it to Essentials.xml in the correct directory.