4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 16, 2012 12:41 AM by mseabroo RSS

CS6 Bridge "Lens Specification Data" appears incorrect (W7 Pro 64Bit SP1)

mseabroo

Viewing Camera Data (Exif) in CS6 Bridge

Noc ahgnges to default settings applied in CS6 Bridge

Observed Results:

The new "Lens Specification Data" under the Camera Data (Exif) appears to be be correctly reporting the lens type but shows the lens as "f/0" which is incorrect

This appears to be the case with pictures taken with two different lenes both of which are reported as f/0

Further up in the same tab the "Lens" data is correctly reported for the lens type and maximum aperture.

Expected Result:

Wasd to see the maximum aperture of the lens reproted in addition to the lens type, which I would ahve expected to be the same data as reproted under the "Lens" information higher up in the same panel.

Which begs the question what is the difference between the "Lens" information and the "Lens Specification Data" meant to be ?

Observed these results with the following two lenses:

EF-S17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM

EF70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM

System Info:

Won't let me paste in :(

• 1. Re: CS6 Bridge "Lens Specification Data" appears incorrect (W7 Pro 64Bit SP1)
          Baichao Li Adobe Employee

Hi Mseabroo,

Could you please let us know your camera model and what file format you are using? .CR2, .JPG, or .DNG ? did you edit those images via other applications than ACR & Bridge? 

It would be better if you can send us an image for our testing. (lbaichao at adobe dot com)

Thanks,

Baichao

• 2. Re: CS6 Bridge "Lens Specification Data" appears incorrect (W7 Pro 64Bit SP1)
            mseabroo Community Member

Hi Baichao,

Thank you for your response.

The camera in questions is a Canon 7D (actullay I shoot with a pair of 7D's and the results are the same for both cameras), the files are both .CR2 and .JPG, with the same results being seen for both file formats. the images have not been edited in any other applications but viewed immediately after donwload to the PC from the memory card.

I have also viewed these and other older images in both the CS6 and CS5 versions of bridge for comparision purposes and see the same differences irrespective of how old the image is or if its been previously edited in CS5 for both .CR2 and .JPG files.

In addition I also don't see an indication of the subject distance displayed in CS6 bridge, although the option is selected and works as expected in CS5 bridge.

I will send you a seperate email with screen shots showing an example in both CS5 and CS6.

Regards Mark

• 3. Re: CS6 Bridge "Lens Specification Data" appears incorrect (W7 Pro 64Bit SP1)
              Baichao Li Adobe Employee

Hi Mark,

We found that Lens Specification is new to Exif 2.3 specification, so most Cameras might not support that well, I checked that it seems even 5D MarkIII does not write the complete LensSpecification info into its .CR2 files, so that's the reason why "F0" shows for LensSpecification in Bridge Metadata Panel. This is not a bug.

For subject distance, we are still investigating the issue.

Best Regards,

Baichao 

• 4. Re: CS6 Bridge "Lens Specification Data" appears incorrect (W7 Pro 64Bit SP1)
                mseabroo Community Member

Hi Baichao,

Thank you for keeping me informed of the progress of the investigations. The Lens specification behaviour now makes sense, may be worth including an explanation in the release notes or FAQ though.

Appreciate your engineers continuing to investigate the Subject distance information issue.

Regards Mark