• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't sign document with 10.1.3

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2012 Apr 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a document created in Acrobat with no security settings in place and the usage rights enabled for reader. According to Adobe I should be able to use 10.1.3 to fill out the form and sign it.

I can fill out the feilds but it won't allow me to sign it. It is saying security settings are now allowing it.

Any help or suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 08, 2013 Jul 08, 2013

As a quick solution I used Print to Adobe PDF from Acrobat X Pro. The resulting PDF is without such artifact.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 16, 2012 Apr 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you try saving the PDF from Acrobat using the File > Save As > Reader Extended PDF > Enable Additional Features.

If the problem still persists, please post a screenshot of the error message received while attempting to sign the PDF via Adobe Reader 10.1.3?

Also, please provide the screenshot of the PDF Document properties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried the file>save as>....solution and I do not have the Reader Extended PDF option available. I am using Acrobat 8. What this a feature added to a later version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have acrobat standard 10.1.3 and reader 10.1.3.

In standard I save my documents with sign formular using File > Save As > Reader Extended PDF > Enable Additional Features

In the windows "enable usage rights in adobe reader" I don't have the feature "sign an existing signature field"

In reader I have extended menu but I can't sign because I can't select it.

How must I do in acrobat standard to have sign menu in reader ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi franckym76,

Do you mean you are not getting the option for "Sign Document" option in the Extended panel in Reader 10.1.3? Or you are getting the option but it is disabled?

As asked above, could you please let me know the behavior seen when you click on the Signature field. Also, please provide a screenshot of the Document Properties dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kw1227,

Sorry. My bad. I was assuming that you have Acrobat X as well as Reader X. In Acrobat 8, you must be using the Advanced > Enable Usage Rights in Adobe Reader.

What happens when you click on the Signature field? Do you get the same error about the security settings? Could you please provide the screenshot for the Document Properties dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screen.jpg

I have enabled the usage rights and there are no security setting on this form, or at least not using the security option in acrobat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 17, 2012 Apr 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should go to Extended pane in Reader to apply a digital signature to the Reader extended PDF.

Sign pane in Reader has some options disabled according to the document permissions, and is completely unrelated to Digital Signatures. The new Sign pane in Reader is an integration with Adobe EchoSign service in the sense that it enables an end user to fill-up documents, electronically sign and then send a PDF document, without having the need to print them. The Sign pane provides two options to the user:

1 - Fill and Sign: Here the user can place text using 'Add Text'. Users can add arbitrary text to a PDF, eg. in documents where Reader cannot interact with the document even though the document looks like a form, in forms where user cannot save the filled-up form. In such cases the only option a user has is to print the form, fill it and then fax or fedex the filled up document to the author or scan it and send it electronically. Using the Sign pane in Reader, a user can add text and also electronically sign the document (this is not the same as digital signature) using an image of their signature/create Typewritten signature/hand-draw signatures using mouse. With the 'Use an image' option, he can create a 'signature' from a scanned paper which has user's handwritten signature and place it on the PDF.

2 - Send for Signature: Here the user is sent to EchoSign for collecting signatures from others.

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

testsign.jpg

I insert a sign formular when I was in adobat standard

In this this video, it semms easy to use sign :http://tv.adobe.com/watch/acrobat-x/how-to-digitally-sign-a-document-with-adobe-reader/

But in reader it's disable why ?

Tell me what I need to sign in reader using adobat standard(is it available to digital sign not electronically sign).

Thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to insert digital signature fields from Acrobat Professional (and not Acrobat Standard). If you check document properties (ctrl+D) in the PDF created from Acrobat Standard, you can see that Signing is not allowed (check in second tab labeled Security in Doc Properties dialog).

Save the PDF as Reader-Extended file from Acrobat Pro so that Reader users are able to sign it from Reader. For this, in Acrobat Pro, go to File->Save As->Reader Extended PDF->Enable Additional features and save. Now if you open this saved file in Reader, you should be able to sign it from the Extended pane.

Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2012 Apr 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not clear in the news you must use acrobat pro to do this !

OK thank you for you help !.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just went to take a screen cap of the document properties and it is showing changing the document and document assembly and creation of template not allowed but signing is allowed but there is no security method in place

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2012 Apr 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I have same problem. Looking for days. This has got nothing to do the digital signatures!

I have a form. I have to fill partly in and send to PersonX via email who fills in the rest and signs off using echosign "sign" not apply ink signature in extended.

To keep my edits and not flatten I have to use submit form method on a button.

But adding button causes same error/warning as kw1227's yellow triangle. i.e. I canot sign.

Tried saving as enhanced. Signing is allowed on according to CTRL-D.

All very frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 20, 2012 Apr 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Signing allowed" shown in document properties means you can apply a digital signature to the PDF.

Sign pane in Reader is unrelated to legacy Digital Signatures. This is an integration with Adobe EchoSign service in the sense that it enables an end user to fill-up documents, electronically sign (not "digitally" sign) and then send a PDF document, without having the need to print them. Some options are disabled in Sign pane according to the document permissions, eg. in Reader Extended documents (as in your case), files with digital signature fields, digitally signed PDFs, forms with Submit button (as in your case) etc.

Could you elaborate on exactly what are you trying to accomplish with Sign pane, so that I can suggest a workaround?

Thanks

-Amboo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2012 Apr 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi

So sales person fills in some of form. Then clicks submit. This emails client who fills in the rest of form. I would like to use sign pane for them to place basic personal signature in a white box on form. Placing the signature locks the form. Client then sends back form.

Not sure I need or understand extended, as submit bottom works anyway. I just tried it hopeing submit and sign pane would work together.

We will be taking a serious look at echosign API later in year when we release our new sales platform. Letting 600 sales staff lose on echosign via unique logins to echosign site would be a disaster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2012 Apr 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Not sure I need or understand extended, as submit bottom works anyway. I just tried it hopeing submit and sign pane would work together"

OK now understand you need extended to submit a part filled form to client.

Is the sign pane being block intentially for force use of echosign portal?

I dont understand why I can not submit (via javascript button) a form and use the sign page at the same time. I just want the nicer signature the sign pane gives. Can not expect client to work through a digital signature.

Is there a javascript/add-ons that allows client to personally sign the form. Similar to sign pane i.e. type name and get a handwritten style.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2013 Jul 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As a quick solution I used Print to Adobe PDF from Acrobat X Pro. The resulting PDF is without such artifact.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines