4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 16, 2012 9:28 AM by thisismyspam RSS

Inherit pane settings

thisismyspam Community Member

I would like to ask if someone knows how you can make the panes(for time in out and layer switches) would stay the same through the whole project. Right now i have to manually switch a lot of stuff on or of because i have a heavy nested comp and i always need the in out times and layer swiches. I set it up in the main comp but it wont reflect onto the other comps. which is good in its own right but right now its just a pita. I couldn't find anything in the preferences nor the forum.

• 1. Re: Inherit pane settings
          Mylenium ACP/MVPs

Not sure what you are asking. Layer switches are exclusive for the most part and except for the layer quality setting none of them ripple through to sub-comps. That's the whole point of those switches - to control layer appearance selectively. For your timing problem you might simply consider stacking the two timelines or using comp markers in teh pre-comp, which will then become layer markers in teh main comp. They do not interactively update, though. also simply consider using more pre-comps to streamline the toggling of al lthis stuff. Sounds like you are simply trying to do too much in as few comps as possible...

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Inherit pane settings

this.JPG

not sure if i get your answer.

i want to globally switch these on or of so they look the same when i swicht between comps.

• 3. Re: Inherit pane settings
              Mylenium ACP/MVPs

What are you referring to? The column layout? This is automatically inherited for every comp you create fresh and it obeys your last setting. There's no way to re-arrange the columns post-facto in all sub-comps just by changing it in the main comp. It's a per comp setting.

Mylenium

• 4. Re: Inherit pane settings

yeah i hoped there would be a swich somewhere that lets me toggle between global/ pre comp mode.

which would be a good feature request i guess.