Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Form created in ES2 can't be viewed in adobe pro version 8

Former Community Member

Hello,

I created a form in ES2 (version 9).  I saved it to be compatible with the older version.  As the form is sent to users and is filled out.  As I receive the form back and open it in adobe pro 8, the drop-down list values that users selected disappear.  The drop-down lists are populated by a javascript function with 2 dimentional array.  Thus, as user selects a value for dropdown1, the dropdown2 list is populated based on the value on dropdown1.

Somehow, the values selected for these dropdowns are not shown when I view the form with adobe pro 8. 

Could someone tell me why that happens and what to do to fix it?

Thank you very much for your help.

3 Replies

Employee

does it work if the target version is 8.1. or higher, and strictscoping is enabled?

Does it work at all, or just in this one case where you set the compatibility target version to be 8.0 or higher (Guessing, since you didn't specify) that it doesn't work?

Former Community Member

I saved the form to be  compatible with version 7.x and higher.  The form works fine with adobe acrobat, adobe x, etc. but not with adobe pro 8. 

How do I turn on strictscoping?

Employee

Depending on your Designer version (no longer able to set it in UI in Designer 10, for example), strictscoping is set in the form properties of the form (File->Form Properties->defaults).

However, since this is just happening in Reader 8.0.0, it sounds like you hit a bug in that version.

FYI: Support for Reader 7.x, and Reader 8.x have been end of lifed by Adobe.

Best bet is to use Reasder 9 and above if they work, and it sounds as if they do.