• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows 7: Flash Player automatic update fails due missing admin privilege. UAC issue?

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2012 Apr 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Windows 7 account I am using has admin privilege.
The automatic update displays an error message pop-up. In English it would be something like: "The installation encountered errors: You need administrator privlige to install Adobe Flash Player. Please log on as an administrator and try again."

At Windows 7 I am using the standard UAC security level settings and I am not willing to lower them. I am also not willing to install a Player update manually for three browsers every other week.
Any solution?
Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Flash Player version do you have currently installed?

Updates after 11.2.202.228 should no longer require admin privileges.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your page http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html mirrors my Flash Player as

at Chrome: 11.2.202.229

at Firefox: 10.3.183.11

at IE: 10.3.183.11

So I manually update once more for Firefox and once more for IE and hope it will update automatically from then on.

Thanks

p_p_s

B.t.w., your email notificatioan says To post a reply, either reply to this email or ... but upon mail reply mail.sgaur.hosted.jivesoftware.com... is... sorry to have to inform you that your message could not be delivered

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines