• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import of WMF and EMF image slides broken on 2.0

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2006 Oct 17, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Import of WMF and EMF image slides (Insert>>Image Slide menu) used to work properly in 1.1. I was able to import Windows Meta files and Enhanced Meta files as slides in to Captivate. Now, in 2.0, it goes through the motions - asking if I would like to Crop or Resize the imported image. It even creates a new slide. But the new slide is empty. It does not contain the imported image. Is there a fix for this behavior? Thanks.
TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have experienced the same. Seems to be a legitimate bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi CapTry and welcome to our community

I too tested and see the behavior you are reporting. I'd say the workaround for now is to simply use a utility to rescale the image prior to importing.

Additionally, you and others that see this should probably report it as a bug via the link below:
Click here to visit the WishForm/Bug Report page

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are bugs, such as these, handled by Adobe? Do they release updates to handle these bugs? If so, how often do they do that? This feature is crucial for my use and need to know if I can rely on a fix being available soon. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2006 Oct 18, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once a significant number of bugs (and fixes) are accumulated, a update release is compiled. how often and when is up to Adobe, and how significant the bugs are. For comparison, remmebr XP? First service pack was out right after XP was rleeased, second service pack took a lot longer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2006 Oct 18, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this and found a workaround for this problem. First insert the image. If the image does not come, check your library. Drag the image from the library to the slide. It seems for some reason, Captivate 2, is not able to attach the image to the slide during intial insert. But things works fine when you drag them from library to the stage.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2006 Oct 30, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks. That helped. But I have another problem. The inserted images have a orange tinge when I play the file. But if I open the properties dialog for the inserted image and close it (even without making any changes), then the slides show properly. The transparency is set 0% and I am not changing it when I open the properties dialog. This seems to be another bug in Captivate 2.0.

I wouldn't mind opening and closing the properties dialog for the image as a workaround, but it takes about 45 - 60 secs to open and close the properties dialog for a single image. I have new dual core 2 GHz machine with 2 GB RAM, 10K RPM hard disk with space to boot and Video card with 512 MB RAM. Pretty much the best you can buy in the market now. So hardware is not a issue. I am pretty frustrated with how slow Captivate responds to everything. Is this something Captivate users are used to and that I have to live with? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources