Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edit button on Find and Replace in Files dialog launches Word

Apr 16, 2012 Apr 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I do a search on the Find and Replace in Files dialog box, select a file in the list, and click Edit, the file opens in Microsoft Word (which I don't want). I'd like to the file to open in Robohelp in the Design editor. Does anyone know how to set this up? I've messed with the Tools/Options/Associations, but nothing I do makes any difference.

You know, we purchased Robohelp to edit Robohelp topics. Why would I want to edit Robohelp topics with Word?

By the way, if I click the help button on the Find and Replace in Files dialog, the Adobe Community page opens. Any idea how to get it to show help for the dialog from which I clicked the help button?

Thanks in advance,

Mike W.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 16, 2012 Apr 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike

I believe the Edit button in the Multi-File Find and Replace is simply launching the default editor. To confirm this, try performing a similar action using Windows Explorer. Right-click an HTML file and choose Edit from the context menu. You will likely find the same behavior.

If you wish to change what application opens, you can try modifying your Windows Registry as described in the link below:

Click here to view

Sorry, but I cannot help on the issue with help not opening the proper context sensitive topic. That's in Adobe's realm.

For both issues, I would encourage you to submit a Wish Form/Bug Report to ask Adobe to make changes with the way this works.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2012 Apr 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is the default editor for IE that determines what is used and you may find your chosen editor is already listed there. If so, just change it.

If it is not listed and you are not comfortable editing the registry, you can download a utility from http://windowsxp.mvps.org/htmleditor.htm that will make the change for you.

DefaultEditor.png

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp