16 Replies Latest reply: Nov 22, 2013 12:57 PM by ArtistStorm880 RSS

Error Installing Muse 7

giselledevera74 Community Member

I'm installing Muse 7 and i keep getting the following error "Verify that Muse has permission to write to Adobe shared files and verify application directories are not marked readonly." How can I fix this?

thanks

• 1. Re: Error Installing Muse 7
          Prateek Aggarwal Adobe Employee

Hi !

Please try deleting the "MBLStore" folder found in

on Mac: /Library/Application Support/Adobe

on Windows XP: \Local Settings\Application Data\Adobe

on Windows 7: \AppData\Local\Adobe

and delete the "AdobeMuse" folder found in

on Mac: /Library/Preferences

on Windows XP: \Application Data

on Windows 7: \AppData\Roaming

Then try to update/install Muse 7 again.

• 2. Re: Error Installing Muse 7
            ladyk03_ Community Member

Hi I'm having the same error after installing Muse 7 then opening the file.  I've tried to search for the solution that Prateek Aggarwal found but I cannot find the specific folders.  I'm using snow leopard if this helps.

Please could you advise.

Thanks

• 3. Re: Error Installing Muse 7

Hi I'm having the same error as giselledevera74 (I'm installing Muse 7 and i keep getting the following error "Verify that Muse has permission to write to Adobe shared files and verify application directories are not marked readonly." How can I fix this?) after installing Muse 7 then opening the file.  I've tried to search for the solution that Prateek Aggarwal found but I cannot find the specific folders.  I'm using snow leopard if this helps.

Please could you advise.

Thanks

• 4. Re: Error Installing Muse 7
                Zak Williamson Adobe Employee

The folder locations mentioned above are incorrect. (They come from a post I made on our previous forum software were I typed <username> and the forum software deleted that text.) The correct folder locations are:

Try deleting the "MBLStore" folder found in

on Mac: username/Library/Application Support/Adobe

on Windows XP: username\Local Settings\Application Data\Adobe

on Windows 7: username\AppData\Local\Adobe

and delete the "AdobeMuse" folder found in

on Mac: username/Library/Preferences

on Windows XP: username\Application Data

on Windows 7: username\AppData\Roaming

Then launch Muse again.

• 5. Re: Error Installing Muse 7

Thank you Zak,

I found and deleted the AdobeMuse folder but cannot find the MBLStore folder in the location you've stated.  I also tried restarting my Mac and uninstalling and reinstalling Muse but that hasn't worked either.

Is there anything else I can do?

• 6. Re: Error Installing Muse 7

If you go to "username/Library/Application Support/Adobe" can you manually create a "MBLStore" folder? And create a "1.0" folder inside of that? When doing so does your machine require you to enter your password? Or were you able to create the folders without any special prompts from the Finder? Once those folders are created, please try launching Muse again and let me know whether there's any change in behavior. Thanks.

• 7. Re: Error Installing Muse 7

Thank you.

I manually created both folders as you suggested (both were empty - I hope thats correct).  I don't need to add any passwords and there were no special prompts from the Finder.  I launched Muse again and I needed to enter my log in details and it showed the same error message again.  Do you know why it's throwing up this error?

• 8. Re: Error Installing Muse 7

The "1.0" folder was created inside the "MBLStore" folder, correct?

• 9. Re: Error Installing Muse 7

Yes, it is and i've just double checked it.

• 10. Re: Error Installing Muse 7

What are the permissions indicated in "Get Info" from the File menu in the Finder for the newly created folders and for Muse? Thanks.

Screen shot 2012-04-17 at 9.45.13 AM.png

Screen shot 2012-04-17 at 9.45.47 AM.png

• 11. Re: Error Installing Muse 7

OK, the Muse "Get Info" sharing permissions showed "(Me)" as Read & Write and then "everyone" as No Access.  I changed the 'no access' to read only and checked all of the other folders permissions and they all showed as yours do above but had an additional "staff" line which also said "Read Only".  I hope this makes sense.  I also checked the complete Adobe folder and it shows as your example has above.

This is the error I keep receiving:

Muse encountered an error while interacting with application files.

Verify that Muse has permission to write to Adobe Shared files and verify the application directories and files are not marked read only.

Do yout think it's worth me checking the permissions on each folder within the username/library/application support/adobe folders to see if any of the permissions say read only?

• 12. Re: Error Installing Muse 7

Please send me an e-mail at zak@adobe.com. I'd like to send you a small utility to run to see if it provides any additional information and/or enables us to get around the error. Thanks.

• 13. Re: Error Installing Muse 7

For anyone following this thread, we were able to resolve the problem in ladyk03_'s case. She was working on a Mac that had no network interface card and Airport was disabled. On first launch Muse requires an internet connection. Muse Beta 7 is confused by the complete lack of a network interface card and provides the erroneous "Verify that Muse has permission to write to Adobe shared files and verify application directories are not marked readonly." error message. We'll correct the error message for the next release. In the meantime this error can be avoided by having a network connection when Muse is launched for the first time after installing Beta 7.

• 14. Re: Error Installing Muse 7
                                    giselledevera74 Community Member

Hi Zak, I originally posted this error and have been following the thread.

I'm still getting the error and I've always been connected to the internent

when launching Muse. Should I uninstall and start again? And if I uninstall

would that remove the files of the website I built with before i downloaded

the upgrade? I would appreciate your help I have to make several revisions

to a website and I haven't been able to get back to Muse since downloaded 7.

thanks so much

giselle

• 15. Re: Error Installing Muse 7

Send me an e-mail at zak@adobe.com and I'll provide you the same utility ladyk03_ and I used to figure out the root of the problem for her case. Perhaps it will also help in your case.

• 16. Re: Error Installing Muse 7
                                        ArtistStorm880 Community Member

Hi. I am running Windows 8 and for the second time I am getting this error message: Verify that Adobe Muse has permission to write to Adobe shared files and verify the application directories and files are not marked readonly. The first time I found this forum thread, and not being able to find the folders mentioned above, I unistalled and reinstalled. Now it's done it again. Is there anyway I can get the "utility" file mentioned? Or is the some glitch with Windows 8? Thank you!