• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

need to build a central TOC for ~75 html help files

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2012 Apr 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RH8 for HTML.  A year ago, I took our 75 Winhelp projects and converted them to 75 HTML projects in order to be compatible with Windows 7.  in Winhelp, the user selects Help and gets a central TOC from which to select the help for the individual project they want.  Now that we want to install the HTML, we need something similar.  we are not set up to have context sensitive help (it's not a browser interface).  How do I create a TOC as a separate HTML project from which all of the other projects can be called?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd be tempted to fake it out with a topic page that just had hyperlinks to each of the 75 help projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought of that, but not sure it's best practices. If it doesn't work,

I'm hosed. Thanks for your thoughts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Best practices? That's all a ToC really is at heart anyway - a bunch of hyperlinks ;>)

You could build yourself a nice big parent/child merged projects scenario if you want the pain...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp