Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TOC treeing in sync with hyperlink navigation

Apr 17, 2012 Apr 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A requirment for the project I'm working on is to create a process map (check) that links to procedure documents (check, using hyperlink mapping).  All good, but the TOC in the left pane needs to open/tree out to the document that has been jumped to through the hyperlink.  Is there a way in RoboHelp 9 (upgrading tomorrow) to make the TOC sync to the open document?

Thank you,

Rob

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 18, 2012 Apr 18, 2012

Hi Rob

Saying "HTML" is the output is like asking what brand of automobile you drive and you tell us it's a Car.

However, you did also say that "it's the output for the company intranet" so that does hopefully narrow the choices somewhat. So my guess here is that it's either WebHelp, FlashHelp or Web Based AIR Help.

I'll choose WebHelp here. If it's something different, you can come back and tell us or possibly you will see what I'm showing here in the dialog and that may help with another output

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought that was controlled by the SSL layout recipe when you generate the help. Something about auto-synching?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jeff - Maybe... Maybe not. Depends on the output type.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 18, 2012 Apr 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HTML is the output for the company intranet.

Thanks,

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rob

Saying "HTML" is the output is like asking what brand of automobile you drive and you tell us it's a Car.

However, you did also say that "it's the output for the company intranet" so that does hopefully narrow the choices somewhat. So my guess here is that it's either WebHelp, FlashHelp or Web Based AIR Help.

I'll choose WebHelp here. If it's something different, you can come back and tell us or possibly you will see what I'm showing here in the dialog and that may help with another output type.

tmp1.PNG

Look at the Navigation section of the Single Source Layout recipe.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, and my apologies.  I'm teaching myself as I go and terminology is the last thing to learn, I guess.  That's what I needed.  My car and I thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

What is the output type you are producing? Depending on the answer to that will depend on where you make the adjustment that governs TOC synchronization.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp