3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 17, 2012 2:55 PM by Jeff A Wright RSS

Adobe Story won't activate

Whenever I try to "Start using Story" from https://story.adobe.com/en-us/index.html, it says "Our servers are currently offline for scheduled maintenance", and it won't do anything.

It has been like this for weeks, and I don't see any maintenance announcement anywhere.

Is it really maintenance, or am I missing something?

Thank you.

• 1. Re: Adobe Story won't activate
          Jeff A Wright Adobe Employee

You could have a software firewall which is interferring if you are home user.  If you are on a corporate network then you may also want to try working with your I.T. department.  Have you tried hooking your computer up to a different Internet connection and seeing if the problem continues?

• 2. Re: Adobe Story won't activate
            EHills2012 Community Member

I am a home user that uses FTTH with a wireless router.

I first tried it from each of my 3 computers through the router with its firewall turned off, then directly connected one of them without the router, but to no avail. The results were the same.

For testing, I reconnected my computer to the router and turned the firewall back on, and then tried downloading Adobe Premiere Elements 10 trial.

It asked for my Adobe ID, and I entered it. Then the download successfully started and completed.

I could still try another network when I have a chance, but from the above result, plus the fact that I usually don’t have any network problem, I hardly think my home network is the problem.

I wonder why I specifically can’t activate Story. Any idea?

• 3. Re: Adobe Story won't activate
              Jeff A Wright Adobe Employee

Well I checked the status of Adobe Story again and it is up and running and fully functional.  I would recommend for your next step to contact our support team and if they can't resolve the issue work with your Internet Service Provider.  For the best assistance, I recommend our chat support at http://adobe.ly/yxj0t6.  Our chat representatives can provide a personalized experience to resolve the issue you have described.