15 Replies Latest reply: Apr 17, 2012 4:26 PM by MaverickRenegade RSS

How can I convert my animation into a working movie clip that can be used with a new scene?

Hello all,

First and foremost, I AM A TOTAL FLASH NOOB. I want to preface this and make it incredibly clear how new this all is to me. I LITERALLY started using flash this morning; that is precisely how new I am.

With that being said I am going to do my best to explain what I'd like to do.

I have created an animation of a spider moving its legs back and forth. I want to be able to combine all of the layers into 1 simple animation that can be imported into new flash scenes with the animation exactly how it stands. I have figured out how to convert the whole animation into a symbol AND I have figured out how to import the movie clip from the library. However, herein lies my problem. When I open a new flash scene and import my animation, I play it and it does nothing at all. It's just the static image of the spider I created with no movement.

I've spent the last couple hours trying to figure out (and doing my own research) what I have done or didn't do to get to this point. I'd be willing to bet I am just going about the entire process incorrectly and I'm simple overlooking a basic facet of the program.

Any insight to fix my ignorance is greatly appreciated.

(P.S. Hell, I don't even know if I am using the correct terminology so for all I know I am confusing every person who has taken the time to look at my question. If I am using incorrect terminology please correct me to avoid future hang ups. Thank you.)