• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convert .MOV to .SWF!?

Jun 28, 2009 Jun 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey there

i have been pulling my hair out trying to figure this out!

i went to upload a .flv and noticed newgrounds only supports .swf

i cant seem to figure out how to convert this!
i dont want to pay for addition programs either for i dont have the money and im sure there is a way with what i have.

i have quicktime pro and i figured it would have this feature i cant seem to find it!?

i do have flash cs3, flash video encoder, and adobe after effects. i tried with these but failed.

i took my .mov ... brought it into flash video encoder...this application only converts to .flv ... - but, since its a .flv, i can now bring it into flash cs3 and export as a .swf file.

i did this and it worked. the only problem was that the audio was choppy, and the video wasnt self contained. so if i deleted the other files and played the .swf by itself, it would just be white and blank. this is a problem when trying to upload to the web.

i also tried bringing my .mov into after effects. i exported as a .swf which worked, only the video was choppy! clear picture, but skipped many frames! also the file sizes were HUGE...like 100mb.

.swf files are usually 5MB for the web. after messing around with reducing quality in the after effects render settings, i got it down the lowest to 20mb...and the website i am uploading to limits to only 10mb!

so after effects gives good picture quality but skips frames and has hige file sizes. flash has choppy audio and i cant seem to figure out how to make it self contained.

someone mentioned trying to import as embedded...this is what happens

when i go to import my .flv to flash it gives me different options (progressive, mobile, embed to timeline, etc.)

when i click on embed to timeline, it warns that you should only choose this option if your clip has no audio, or the synchronization will probably be all messed up.

my video does include audio..

when i chose embed to time line and exported as a .swf, the audio ran fine...it didnt sound choppy at all. although what happened was the video part ran extremly slow and was totally out of synch because of this.

i tried going back in flash in the properties at the bottom and changing event to stream and exported that, although the same thing. the audio was fine at the right pace, and the video part of the .swf was super slow.

damn! i dont know what to do.. 😕

possibly there is something i could change in the export settings or another technique?

thankyou

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

see if you can get newgrounds to accept flv files.  there's really no reason they can't add that mime type to the file-types their server handles.

except for that you're stuck.  the only good way for flash to sync audio and video is to use flv or you must accept some unsatisfactory alternatives which you've already seen/heard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey thanks for the reply...ill try and message them seeing if they will also accept .flv in the future.

i was thinking maybe i could take my video and split the audio and video part and then import them into flash seperatly and try and see if i can get a more synched export that way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can do all sorts of things but basically you'll have problems of one sort or another no matter what you do, unless you use an flv.

so yes, you could use timeline animation in your swf for animation and yes you can attach your audio to the timeline.  but then, if you choose an event sound, you won't get sync'ing and if you choose stream, you'll get sync'ing but you'll also tend to get a bad (choppy) viewing experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey i figured it out!

i payed for a program called Visual Hub, it converts several different formats.

surprisingly, it converted my mov to a swf superbly!!

i just hate the fact i had to get another converting program, i feel as if quicktime pro should be able to handle all of this!

well now i just gotta find a steady way to convert my swfs to movs, until then, im sticking with the screen capture technique!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2009 Jul 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know one named Video to Flash Converter that can convert many other video formats to swf/flv If you want a try, here:

http://www.flash-video-soft.com/video-to-flash/

Hope it is helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2012 Apr 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't mind the watermark on the ourput swf files, you can use video to flash converter :

http://www.flashconverterformac.com/articles/convert-mov-to-swf-with-flash-player-mac.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 25, 2014 Sep 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This 5-year old topic is just attracting spam; it is now locked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines