• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Package AIR applications

Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2012 Apr 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This question was posted in response to the following article: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/flashbuilder/using/WSe4e4b720da9dedb5-13a250c812e8e9b5533-7ff1.html

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 15, 2012 May 15, 2012

Thanks iBrent, had assets (icons) in bin-release folder & weren't showing up, moved to src and worked fine

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there is a bug with the "Export>Release Build" wizard. the "Package Contents" does not contain any of the assets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

O Red,

Before using the Export Release Build wizard, can you please ensure that your application has no compilation errors and runs as expected?

Thanks,

Mallika Yelandur

Flash Builder Community Help & Learning

Adobe Systems Incorporated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2012 Apr 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, project runs as expected without errors.

the workaround i was able to find yesterday was at after navigating to the "Package Contents" tab, i noticed a "bin-release-temp" directory was created in my project directory with the .swf and app.xml files inside.  I then manually copied the rest of the mission-critical assets into this new temp directory, navigated away from and back to the "Package Contents" tab twice and voila, the manually copied assets magically became visible and available to be packaged.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 18, 2012 Apr 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Where are the assets in relation to the src folder? Anything in the src folder aside from code files should be packaged into the final app. If it's outside that folder, then you have to do your workaround.

iBrent

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2012 May 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks iBrent, had assets (icons) in bin-release folder & weren't showing up, moved to src and worked fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2013 Apr 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am having a similar problem, I am trying to add some custom asset (config file) to my flex mobile (android/ios) project, and it doesn't show up in the final apk under /assets... can you pls describe how to place it in the src folder so it's properly packaged? I tried creating src/assets package and placed the config file in there, but it didn't help and the file was not in the apk.

tnx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2013 May 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are several references on this page to the "Flex Build Packaging" page in the Project Properties dialog. These are all wrong: there is no longer a page with that name, it's now called "Actionscript Build Packaging". Thanks Adobe for playing musical chairs with the names of all the different parts of your technology ecosystem...

More importantly THERE ARE ERROR MESSAGES in Flash Builder that instruct you to refer to this page, and it took me hours to realize what page they were actually referring to! Please update this Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines