• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player not installing on Firefox or Internet explorer...

Apr 17, 2012 Apr 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded firefox as my alternate web browser. I play games and things of the like on my laptop, which is a Toshiba Satellite C655 (I'm pretty sure it is ). My flash player works on Google Chrome, but not on Internet Explorer or FireFox. Any help? I've downloaded it (or so it says) 4 times since Sunday night, but everytime I go to play the game, the game says I need to install adobe flashplayer. And this is multiple games so it isn't the game.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 17, 2012 Apr 17, 2012

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DevilLyfe wrote:

I've downloaded it (or so it says) 4 times ...

Did you also install it?

What is your Windows version & edition?

What files do you have in

• C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash ?
  • C:\Windows\syswow64\Macromed\Flash ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have downloaded and installed it. My windows version is Windows 7, I don't know what you mean by edition hmm, do you think it's the ActiveX thing people have been having trouble with? It is in those two folders. these are what are in the folder:

C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash

Flash64_11_2_202_233.ocx

FlashInstall

FlashUtil64_11_2_202_233_ActiveX.dll

FlashUtil64_11_2_202_233_ActiveX

FlashUtil64_11_2_202_233_Plugin

NPSWF64_11_2_202_233.dll

C:\Windows\syswow64\Macromed\Flash

FlashInstall

Flash32_11_2_202_233.ocx

flashplayer.xpt

FlashPlayerUpdateService   

FlashUtil32_11_2_202_233_ActiveX.dll

FlashUtil32_11_2_202_233_ActiveX

FlashUtil32_11_2_202_233_Plugin

mms.cfg

NPSWF32_11_2_202_233.dll

FlashPlayerTrust(folder):

Bandoo.cfg

If that makes any sense to you, and I hope I did it right, then can you tell me what the problem is?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By "edition" I mean the 32-bit or 64-bit edition; it seems that your Windows 7 is 64-bit.

It also seems that you have all the required files.

Regarding Internet Explorer, can you check

On Firefox, type  about:plugins  into the address bar; does Shockwave Flash show as enabled?

Also, can you see the Flash animation and FP version display at http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ (both IE and Firefox)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All right, maybe I'm doing something wrong, but when I go to http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ on IE i get the same thing, I followed the forum, about enabling flash player. I also followed the forum about, and disabled, ActiveX (according to my toolbar it isn't checked). I downloaded/installed the version I needed to, but it still doesn't show up in my list of toolbars and extensions, like he says it should in the forum. When I go to the site in firefox, http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ , the icon doesn't even show up. I went to about:plugins on firefox, and FlashPlayer isn't on the list, so I assume that it isn't installed. Even though I have installed it at least 6 times, on IE and firefox, each! I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. Or what the problem is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

YES!!! it worked, thanks soo much for that. You really helped me out. That took forever and I'm sorry I didn't know more , but thanks a lot. It's working now on both FireFox and IE. Like I said thanks. You really made my day(night ).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines