• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The latest version of Flash Player 11 causes internet explorer to quit working.

Apr 17, 2012 Apr 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest version of Flash Player 11 caused internet explorer to quit working.  The previous version worked fine.  If I uninstall flash player, internet explorer works fine.  I have gone through the video troubleshooting portion and it did not fix the problem.  If I go to Adobe.com and try to install an older version of flash player, a message pops up that an updated version of flash player is available for download and closes out.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 18, 2012 Apr 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you mind opening a new bug on this issue over at bugbase.adobe.com?  Here's a post that describes the information we'll need and instructions for generating a crash log:

How to report a crash with Flash Player

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2012 Apr 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had a similar problem.  I started using the 32 bit version of IE9 explorer and it worked fine for the videos without quitting.(You can keep both installed and pick when to use one or the other).  Then I also found that if I turned on TOOLS>F12 developer tools and enabled the debug tools while in 64 bit IE9, the FLASH would work fine. 

Let me know what you find.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines