• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After update to FMS 4.5.2 HLS live streaming stoped working

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2012 Apr 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

log file: "GET /hls-live/livepkgrRadio/_definst_/liveevent/livestream1_audio_only.m3u8 HTTP/1.1" 404 353 "-" "AppleCoreMedia/1.0.0.9A405 (iPhone; U; CPU OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X; he_il)"

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Few queries from my side, before diving more into your issue:

• What was your last version which you have updated to FMS4.5.2
  • What platform are you using?
  • Was it working earlier and update to FMS4.5.2 made it stopped?
  • If you changethe URL to ......./hds-live/livepkgrRadio/_definst_/liveevent/livestream1_audio_only.f4m , then in that case can you verify that HDS streaming is happening?
  • I dont understand why your url has a space between "m3' and 'u8", is it hand-written or directly copied from log file?

Regards,

Shiraz Anwar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) My last version was FMS 4.5.1

2) I am using windows server 2008 enterprise r2

3) Yes HLS live streaming worked good in version 4.5.1

4) HDS live steaming work good also in version 4.5.2

5) M3 u8 it's copy problem

Regards,

Breslev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Can you make sure your event.xml and manifest.xml are confgured properly? Sometimes, if streamname is not registered in Manifest.xml, we run into issues.
  • Also make sure that there are no *.stream file inside ..\applications\livepkgr\events\_definst_\liveevent folder.
  • Also, when doing a FMS restart please cleanup the streams folder inside ..\applications\livepkgr\

You may try these options if everything is configured correctly then you should be able to fetch m3u8 file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before I wrote the question on the forum I checked everything and all is well specified.

No change was made in these files just like I mentioned version has been updated.

This problem is created in the development environment and production environment.

I would appreciate your care.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Few more queries:

• Please provide the error logs details.
  • What metod have you used to upgrade from FMS4.5.1 to FMS4.5.2
  • Are you publishing Audio only stream, or using MBR feature to access the audio only stream?
  • Are you using FMLE to publish on livepkgr?
  • Hopefully you are using AAC audio codec only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally I solved the problem!

IN the help documentation "Stream live media (HTTP)"

1. Browse to rootinstall/applications/livepkgr/events/_definst_/liveevent and do the following:
    • Edit the Event.xml file to look like the following:

<Event> <EventID>liveevent</EventID> <Recording> <FragmentDuration>4000</FragmentDuration> <SegmentDuration>16000</SegmentDuration> <DiskManagementDuration>3</DiskManagementDuration> </Recording> </Event> 
    • Remove the Manifest.xml file from the liveevent folder or rename it.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/flashmediaserver/devguide/WSd391de4d9c7bd609-52e437a812a3725dfa0-8000.ht...

I copied the file Manifest.xml to my livepkgrbreslev3 folder from The

default library livepkgra and strangely now everything works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2012 May 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this issue.  Version jump from 4.5.0 r 297  

I have followed all the steps as suggested earlier, removed the manifest file, etc.  ver 4.5.0 HLS works  4.5.2. on iPad and iPhone "The operation could not be completed"  similar to an issue if the .m3u8 is improperly configured.  I know they aren't improperly configured as they function flawlessly on version 4.5.0 

Something is missing or has been changed with this new version and there is no documentation to support it........

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 02, 2012 May 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the exact same problem. Without the Manifest.xml in the event folder, requesting the m3u8 for the stream results in a 404 message.

Using CentOS 5 and FMS 4.5.2.

Everything works without the Manifest.xml in FMS 4.5.1 with the same stream configuration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

This is a known issue with FMS 4.5.2. If you request m3u8 from the server and no Manifest.xml is available for that particular event, you may land into errors.

Please make sure you create a copy of manifest.xml for the event you are using and place it inside application/livepkgr/event/_definst_/<your-event-name>/ directory. 

We are tracking this issue and it will be fixed in the new updated version of FMS which will be released soon.

Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the Manifest.xml file _DOES_ need to be in place.

I'm assuming that file should be edited so that the bitrates match what you've entered into the set-level manifest files, as well as what you're streaming out from the FMLE, correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is a good practice to keep the bitrates in manifest.xml same as the ones with which you are publishing from FMLE. However, this itself will not cause any problems if the bitrates do not match.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It probably does need to be set to the same levels because it doesn't work for us with the original manifest. I will report our findings once we test with the edited manifest

For the record I am also using CentOS 6.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines