RickEEE Community Member

My system:

• IIS website with CPS 1.1
      • 49 Contribute CS3 users
      • 10 Dreamweaver users
      • application method = LAN
      • user authentication is via LDAP

My issue:

Contribute authors have no trouble logging in and editing HTML content when in the office on the LAN, or when remote using Cisco Systems VPN client. For future remote connections, we are switching over to Citrix Access Gateway.  When using Citrix Access Gateway, both Contribute and Dreamweaver cannot connect to CPS. 

• 1. Re: VPN via SSL (Citrix Access Gateway) connection trouble
          RickEEE Community Member

Additional details:

Note that these errors occur only when using Citrix Access Gateway.

Contribute throws this error after a user enters their user ID and password:  "The User Directory publishing service reported an error. Trying to connect to http://<domain>/pubserver/

Dreamweaver throws this error when checking out or checking in files:  "Dreamweaver could not contact the Publishing Services server for connection to '<site name>'. Please contact your administrator. Meanwhile, you can continue your operation to the remote server, but your events will not be logged in Publishing Services, To disable this feature, turn off the 'Contribute Compatibility' option.

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

• 2. Re: VPN via SSL (Citrix Access Gateway) connection trouble
            RickEEE Community Member

More details on the Contribute error message:

Error Details:  End of file or no input. 'Operation interrupted or timed out.'

• 3. Re: VPN via SSL (Citrix Access Gateway) connection trouble
              RickEEE Community Member

CORRECTION and more information.... Contribute throws that error when the Connect button is pressed. NOT after login.

Also, when I log into CPS and test user authentication, I get no errors, even when logged in remotely via Citrix SSL VPN.

• 4. Re: VPN via SSL (Citrix Access Gateway) connection trouble
                RickEEE Community Member

Here is what is truly happening...

Citrix VPN opens a separate session for every program. When Contribute is launched, it opens a session. When the Connect button is clicked, it tries to open a second session, but an end of file is transmitted, which closes Contribute and generates the End of file or no input. 'Operation interrupted or timed out error.

We have given up trying to solve that issue, but do have a work around.  We packaged the Contribute application on a Citrix web portal and now run it from that environment. When first launched, the user has to configure the connection via the Connection Wizard.  The other thing that is a bit odd is once the user logs in and displays the desired page, they cannot edit the page.  This is solved by Edit > My Connections and then immediately closing it. No changes on that page. This is true only during initial startup and Contribute functions normally after that, well, with a bit of a performance hit, but that's all.