3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 18, 2012 10:40 AM by George_Johnson RSS

Basic Information

RFPike

I want to make simple fillable PDF forms on a mac.   I want to have check boxes, Yes / No,  1-5, etc. and Text boxes for quality evaluations.    What is the most basic Adobe software I can get?    I am using the latest version of the Mac System 10.7.3.    Thank you

• 1. Re: Basic Information
          George_Johnson CommunityMVP

Acrobat Pro will do that. Acrobat Standard will too, but it's not available for OSX. Some free software is also capable of authoring forms, including Scribus and OpenOffice Writer.

• 2. Re: Basic Information
            RFPike Community Member

Thank you.  I wondered why I couldn't find Standard for OSX.   I am thinking for what I want it would be easier to design the form using word or pages and pay someone doing desktop publishing to convert it to a fillable PDF. Adobe Pro X is a lot more software than I would ever use.  For the rare occasions I do something like this the investment, both $ and time, wouldn't be worth it.

• 3. Re: Basic Information
              George_Johnson CommunityMVP

That probably a good idea, but I'd suggest finding someone who has a good amount of experience with PDF forms. Most DTP folks do not.