3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 18, 2012 10:40 AM by George_Johnson RSS

Basic Information

I want to make simple fillable PDF forms on a mac.   I want to have check boxes, Yes / No,  1-5, etc. and Text boxes for quality evaluations.    What is the most basic Adobe software I can get?    I am using the latest version of the Mac System 10.7.3.    Thank you

• 1. Re: Basic Information
          George_Johnson ACP/MVPs

Acrobat Pro will do that. Acrobat Standard will too, but it's not available for OSX. Some free software is also capable of authoring forms, including Scribus and OpenOffice Writer.

• 2. Re: Basic Information
            RFPike Community Member

Thank you.  I wondered why I couldn't find Standard for OSX.   I am thinking for what I want it would be easier to design the form using word or pages and pay someone doing desktop publishing to convert it to a fillable PDF. Adobe Pro X is a lot more software than I would ever use.  For the rare occasions I do something like this the investment, both $ and time, wouldn't be worth it.

• 3. Re: Basic Information
              George_Johnson ACP/MVPs

That probably a good idea, but I'd suggest finding someone who has a good amount of experience with PDF forms. Most DTP folks do not.