Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADE crashes connecting Nook reader

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2012 Apr 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I installed ADE on win 7 64bit. I installed 1.7 and then 1.8.2, trying to fix a problem.

The problem is that when I connect my NOOK by the usb plug, ADE crashes. End of the story.

I used two different pc's and two different NOOK readers, and ADE always crashes.

When crashing, ADE does not say anything, of course, so I cannot do anything.

Ideas?

Note: I tried to run ADE explcitly as administrator. No way. Crash.

Thanks all for helping.

Bye

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 18, 2012 Apr 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's review a couple of things that might have something to do with the

problems.

Have you registered the Nook with B&N, using your ADE ID?

Have you done an update to the Nook from the B&N website?

Have you registered your copy of ADE with Adobe, using your Adobe ID?

Have you connected the Nook first, before you open ADE, and made sure that

Win 7 recognizes the device?

===============

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2012 May 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the exact same problem. I initially tried installing and running ADE on an HP Inspiron laptop with Windows 7. After 2 weeks of frustration and 5 hours of Geek Squad remote access, I was told that there was something fundamentally wrong with my laptop... take it back and exchange it for one that works. I did as suggested and got another HP. Same problem. Talked to Geek Squad again and they said must be an HP problem... try a different brand. Have now tried on a Lenovo running Windows 7 and, shock and surprise... same exact problem.I tried changing the firewall settings that someone else on one of the forums recommended, but I still can't get it to work. I uninstalled/reinstalled ADE, I deleted the adobe file on my Nook, I've tried everything. HELP!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines