• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

frequently viewed topics report does not increase the counts for new hit

Apr 18, 2012 Apr 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi experts,

I have a project published to RH server 9 with webhelp pro. the frequently searched term gives me the reasonable counts, every time when the same term searched, the count increased. but the frequently viewed topics report does not increase the counts for the topic that I clicked multiple times (every time I click on other topic then come back to click the same topic). the adobe support told me I should close the window, then re-open the link and click on the topic again, but it still does not. what we eventually find out is I have to delete all the history data in cache, and reopen the window, then click on the same topic then the count will increase by one.

I am wondering whether this behavior is normal or not. if it's normal, how do you use this report?

Thanks,

Frances

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 19, 2012 Apr 19, 2012

Hi Frances.

I am not a browser expert but this sounds plausible. The browser cache is designed to prevent having to download content locally each time a page is opened. Each time a page is opened a check is made to see if the cache already contains elements of it. If it has, it uses that local version. With the RH Server application as the cached version is local the statistics are not being updated because the page is not being viewed from the server.

It may be an idea to set your browser options

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 19, 2012 Apr 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Frances.

I am not a browser expert but this sounds plausible. The browser cache is designed to prevent having to download content locally each time a page is opened. Each time a page is opened a check is made to see if the cache already contains elements of it. If it has, it uses that local version. With the RH Server application as the cached version is local the statistics are not being updated because the page is not being viewed from the server.

It may be an idea to set your browser options to delete the history every time it is closed. Also be aware that it is possible that different browsers may have slightly different options.

Colum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp