Could you try the following steps for me please?
1. Mount the Flash Player .dmg file
2. Right click on "Install Adobe Flash Player" and select "Show Package Contents"
3. Navigate into "Contents", then "Resources"
4. Double click the file "Adobe Flash Player.pkg"
5. Follow through the installation steps
When I try Step 2, I get a request to enter my password (which is another constant irritant I need to fix). After entering my password, I get the message that installation failed.
Are you right clicking on step 2? You shouldn't be getting prompted for your password until you double click on the Adobe Flash Player.pkg file.
After a good night's sleep, (shut down and start-up – for me and the iMac) I tried it again the "normal" way. It worked. Thanks for your help.
Excellent, glad to hear that.