• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Output folder in Flash Builder 4.6 refuses to be anything but relative

Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2012 Feb 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated from Flash Builder 4.5 to 4.6. Things seemed to be going ok in terms of importing all my projects etc. (why can't there be a simple upgrade process rather than a complete uninstall/reinstall process?)

But then I got to setting the Output Folder within the Flex Build Path section of the properties of my project.

Now, as our dev environments we run glassfish servers locally on our testing machines and build our apps directly into them so our testing process is very quick. This was working fine in Flash Builder 4.5, I point my app's output folder to a location of the form:

C:\Users\myUserName\glassfish3\glassfish\domains\domain1\eclipseApps\appname

And that works fine, set by pasting in from an explorer window or Browsing there via the Browse button next to the field.

Now when I try to do this within Flash Builder 4.6 I get nothing at all appearing if I use the browse button. No error, nothing saying it failed, just an empty field. If I try to paste in anything I get an error from Flash Builder saying '"Paste" did not complete normally."

If I try to just type in the path it fails, it strips the leading C:\ and turns it into a relative path, which is completely useless.

This is getting really annoying!

Log file output after I tries to browse to the folder:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2012-02-07 14:54:00.474

!MESSAGE Unhandled event loop exception

!STACK 0

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.adobe.flashbuilder.launching.multiplatform.contributor.MultiPlatformDebugUtilLocalePathVariable.resolvePath(MultiPlatformDebugUtilLocalePathVariable.java:68)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.PathVariableResolver.wrapPath(PathVariableResolver.java:198)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.PathVariableResolver.makePathVariableRelative(PathVariableResolver.java:283)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.ui.utils.AbstractBuildPathsPropertiesPane.makeRelativeOutputPath(AbstractBuildPathsPropertiesPane.java:946)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.ui.utils.AbstractBuildPathsPropertiesPane.makeRelativeOutputPath(AbstractBuildPathsPropertiesPane.java:931)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.ui.utils.AbstractBuildPathsPropertiesPane.browseForOutputFolder(AbstractBuildPathsPropertiesPane.java:910)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.ui.utils.AbstractBuildPathsPropertiesPane$12.widgetSelected(AbstractBuildPathsPropertiesPane.java:805)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:240)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1053)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4165)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3754)

at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:825)

at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:801)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.editors.derived.ui.navigator.FlexPackageExplorerPropertyDialogAction.run(FlexPackageExplorerPropertyDialogAction.java:41)

at org.eclipse.jface.action.Action.runWithEvent(Action.java:498)

at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:584)

at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:501)

at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:411)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2696)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2660)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2494)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$7.run(Workbench.java:674)

at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:667)

at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.standalone.FlashBuilderApplication.start(FlashBuilderApplication.java:108)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:344)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:622)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:577)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1410)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2012 Feb 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, have found an unsatifactory solution for now, which lets me build the app.

From comparing the old actionscript file in our repository to the new one, it seems like it doesn't have both the outputFolderLocation and outputFolderPath entries, and by copying those from the old one (outputFolderLocation being the full path to where I want it to go, and outputFolderPath="bind-debug"), it now compiles into the right place... all working again.

However, if I try to look at this field in Flash Builder by going to the Flex Build Path of the properties dialoge I get 'The currently displayed page contains invalid values', and nothing is shown.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 18, 2012 Mar 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here! I used your trick but you're right it's really not cool!

Thx anyways. I hope Adobe will fix this soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2012 Apr 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They won't fix it as I just got notification in my inbox yesterday that the issue I logged was 'not replicatable' and so was closed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2012 Apr 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried reproducing this issue, but no luck. Could you please attach a sample project?

I will re-open this bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2012 Apr 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I can't really attach a sample project, as I just discovered that creating a project from scratch makes this not occur. It only occurs when bringing in a project created in Flash Builder 4.5.1 (Which I no longer have installed)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2012 May 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

me too

!ENTRY org.eclipse.jface 4 0 2012-05-18 10:40:39.212

!MESSAGE java.lang.NullPointerException

!STACK 0

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.adobe.flashbuilder.launching.multiplatform.contributor.MultiPlatformDebugUtilLocalePathVariable.resolvePath(MultiPlatformDebugUtilLocalePathVariable.java:68)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.PathVariableResolver.wrapPath(PathVariableResolver.java:198)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.PathVariableResolver.makePathVariableRelative(PathVariableResolver.java:283)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.ui.utils.AbstractBuildPathsPropertiesPane.makeRelativeOutputPath(AbstractBuildPathsPropertiesPane.java:946)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.ui.utils.AbstractBuildPathsPropertiesPane.updateOutputFolder(AbstractBuildPathsPropertiesPane.java:1218)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.ui.properties.BuildPathsPropertyPage.applyProjectSettings(BuildPathsPropertyPage.java:444)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.ui.properties.AbstractFlexProjectPropertyPage.performOk(AbstractFlexProjectPropertyPage.java:117)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.ui.properties.BuildPathsPropertyPage.performOk(BuildPathsPropertyPage.java:586)

at org.eclipse.jface.preference.PreferenceDialog$13.run(PreferenceDialog.java:964)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.JFaceUtil$1.run(JFaceUtil.java:49)

at org.eclipse.jface.util.SafeRunnable.run(SafeRunnable.java:175)

at org.eclipse.jface.preference.PreferenceDialog.okPressed(PreferenceDialog.java:944)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.dialogs.FilteredPreferenceDialog.okPressed(FilteredPreferenceDialog.java:447)

at org.eclipse.jface.preference.PreferenceDialog.buttonPressed(PreferenceDialog.java:233)

at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog$2.widgetSelected(Dialog.java:624)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:240)

at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:825)

at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:801)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.editors.derived.ui.navigator.FlexPackageExplorerPropertyDialogAction.run(FlexPackageExplorerPropertyDialogAction.java:41)

at org.eclipse.jface.action.Action.runWithEvent(Action.java:498)

at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:584)

at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:501)

at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:411)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2696)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2660)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2494)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$7.run(Workbench.java:674)

at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:667)

at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.standalone.FlashBuilderApplication.start(FlashBuilderApplication.java:108)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:344)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:622)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:577)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1410)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2012 May 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this problem if i set the "locale" setting in the additional compiler arguments to a value other than the default "en_US". E. g. -locale de_DE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2012 Jun 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm this behavior - I can change output folder only when I remove additional compiler arguments (czech locales in my case)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2012 Jul 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue.

The solution for me is:  

-locale=en_US,hu_HU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2012 Oct 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the same issue (described here http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1091290?)

TsigaBiga, your fix doesn't work

Message was edited by: ADI D Ok, I looked more to TsigaBiga's suggestion – it works! Just notice the "=" sign after -locale.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2012 Oct 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way I ever get this to stop happening (only seems to happen on projects that were originally built in FB 4.5 I think), is to close Flash Builder and edit the .actionscriptProperties file to have the correct values for outputFolderLocation and outputFolderPath.

Save it, then open Flash Builder again and it should be working fine (although you still can't go into that page of the properties of the project).

It's a pain, the issue that belongs to this problem which I logged has example projects that replicate it, they've been able to replicate it, but it's not a priority to fix as it doesn't happen for projects made fresh in 4.6 as far as I know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 08, 2013 May 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same issue. I tried editing the .actionscriptproperties file in NotePad and setting both the outputFolderLocation and outPutFolderPath to an absolute path on the C: drive on Windows 7 (64-bit) (and NOT within the applications folders on the C: drive.

Flash Builder 4.6 is truncating the value and making it relative to the project folder. Absolutely useless!! Adobe needs to fix this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines