• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I'll pay tech support big bucks to do my import!

Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2012 Apr 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, so i am importing a huge batch, taking forever, meanwhile I can;t do anything else, because my batches have to be split so small, not a good use of time!

I propose to BC and adobe to create a new incomce stream, I would gladly pay in the hundreds to get my import done, on their end, in one step, fast!

Under say 1000 items, you have to do it yourself, but instead of losing 2 days of productivity, I would gladly pay a fee for importing my large import file.

It must take less time for a bc tech todo it on their side?

Seriously, if any techs are reading, and wnattomake an extra $100, I have already imported 10k, and the import file is fine,

TOPICS
Web apps

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We don't have any other means of importing these records. We'd have to do it through admin as well. Try https://www.mturk.com/mturk/welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even engineering?  As fara hired help, not sure i want to give sensitive data to import, nor my single admin access to some stranger, even if I login in a different browser to try and edit while i import, i get logged out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even engineering. It just can't be done unless the file is parsed through the code and imported through admin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, its obvious nothing can be done, and I must admit I have only started getting heavy into web apps lately, so now its a big deal for me now, but there must be some plans on the road map to "fix" web apps, expecially, if not specifically the import process, the whole system rocks, with that one exception, imports...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish I had the time to be more in depth with the Help Rich, but in terms of web apps I certainly not run into your issues. I think web aps are the best thing about BC and I can not wait till they are even more then they are now.

I also find its import export better then then CRM aspect too and always found it, even large data very smooth. Some of our biggest sites have some awesome web apps. You would look at the site and not realise some things are even web apps too.

Sad to see your not having a good time with them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, everything about web apps is awesome, aside from imports or shall i say imports over 10000, and I agree, now that I am using them more, i want to turn "everything" into a web app, hahah Exports are instananeous,  Imports are molases

More specifically its not that my imports don't work, its that they are whati think, slow, and they don;t tell me when they are done. The system is importing 500 records in 8 minutes right now, and the only way ican tell if the 500 in are done, is by loading the web app page in a new tab, and count up. maybe its the 8 minute timer thats been going off all day that's the worst part, haha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hmm, my admin seems to be down, and can't load web apps, after a day of importing, i am getting that sinking feeling....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please PM me the site URL, RIch, and the name of the web app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is there an update going on? or is that tomrorrow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Apr 19, 2012 Apr 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Should be happening soon, but hasn't started yet. You should see no impact.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines