Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver &Business catalyst

Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2012 Apr 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I got a very strange question. I downloaded the whole website into my dreamweaver cs4 console.

When I preview the average webpage from the DW, the name of the webpage just changer to a weird one,like TMP3gl652end2.htm

When I preview the template file(suffis with .dwt) from the DW, it is said Server Error 404 - File or directory not found.

I don't know why, because it seems everything else is Ok.

Thank you for help. Look forward to your answer.

Linda

TOPICS
Content management and modules

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2012 Apr 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking for the answer on the internet,but unfortunately nothing useful found.

Is anyone else ever has this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2012 Apr 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wait and wait, wait, wait...someone help me please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you previewing in browser or DW Live view?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank God, thank you Brad, I preview it in the browser. I remember it was OK before. But now it is wrong and I uninstal and re-instal the DW, but it is still wrong. I don't know what's wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi lindaqiu84,

I don't have CS4, but I tested this in CS5.5 and this is not how it works for me. I used BC Extension to log in and download the site locally. Once the site was downloaded I went to Local View inside Files panel and opened a page. To preview that page I went to File > Preview in Browser > Chrome and what happens is that DW preforms a put action (uplaods the file to the actual site) and then opens that page on my site in Chrome.

I really don't know why it behaves so differently on your machine...

-mario

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2012 Apr 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mario, thank you for your reply. how about preview the template file in the 'template' fold?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you use a third party FTP to download the site and then are trying to edit and preview them?

Make sure that you set up the site in Dreamweaver first then us Dreamweaver to get the entire site. Sounds to me as if you havn't got the site set up properly in Dreamweaver. If it is set up properly you should not get that issue. When previewing in a browser Dreamweaver wants to view from the testing server generally. If the site is not set up correctly in Dreamweaver things just don't work - thats not a BC thing, that is a Dreamweaver thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Brad, it seems that it dose be a strange problem that no one else have.

Before, I was not clear about the relationship betwwen the DW and the business catalyst extension. I ever got my BC website through the 'new site' fuction and set the sever by hand. Maybe because of my hand-set configuration, something goes wrong. But I re-intall the DW. It still does work~~

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is as I expected. I be;ieve you are not following the correct way to set up your BC site.

First, make sure you have the latest BC extension installed.
Then login to your BC admin using the BC Panel in Dreamweaver.
Once logged in you will see a list of sites associated with your partner portal
From there is where you can select and set up the site properly and automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

DWT templates can't be previewed from File > Preview in browser. DW will send you to .dwt extension which can't be handled by BC.

Any case, for previewing you can always do Alt+Tab or Command+Tab and F5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines