9 Replies Latest reply: Apr 24, 2012 1:31 AM by Aprilhope RSS

CS5. 1 32 bit version

Aprilhope Community Member

Hi, I bought the CS5.1 extended version of Photoshop. I now need to use the 32 bit version. Is it included in the original sale? Can I download it separately? 

• 1. Re: CS5. 1 32 bit version
          Jeff A Wright Adobe Employee

Yes it is included and they are both part of the same installer.  Do you have it installed on the computer already?

• 2. Re: CS5. 1 32 bit version

Hi Jeff,

I probably opted for 64 bit installment only. We started with a trial download and then bought the extended CS5.1 version and used the code to validate. I put the disc in, but a 32 bit version doesn't come up. The box also states the 64 bit. Can I download the 32 bit version  from the adobe website separately and use the code we have to validate?

• 3. Re: CS5. 1 32 bit version
              m!ndl0rd Adobe Employee

Photoshop Installer has the 32 bit and 64 bit version available in a single installer which is checked by the bootstrapper at the time of installation. Download PS from the link below and install using the serial key available with you. You would find the option to install both bit version.

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=photoshop

• 4. Re: CS5. 1 32 bit version

HI Manish, Thank you for the advise.

Do I need to uninstall the 64 bit version I already have installed. Would prefer not to, because I bought and uploaded filters into the installed 64 bit version. Do you know how to switch between versions on a PC, once installed?

• 5. Re: CS5. 1 32 bit version
                  m!ndl0rd Adobe Employee

Hi April,

No need to uninstall the 64 bit version. Download the installer from the link and during installation it would recognize the installtion version and would let to install the 32 bit.

Location of 64 bit version: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5.1\Photoshop.exe

Location of 32 bit version: C:\Program Files(x86)\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5.1\Photoshop.exe

You can run only one version at a time.

• 6. Re: CS5. 1 32 bit version

Hi Manish, Thank you for your reply. I downloaded the installer. The window shows the installed Adobe PS 5.1 (362 MB) ticked and with the msg already installed. Should I untick this option? The second available option is Adobe PS 64 bit (stops here, can't read the rest) 418 MB. Does this one include the 32 bit version. Sahll I untick the first box and ticmk the second?

• 7. Re: CS5. 1 32 bit version

Probably the other way around. The installed version is the second one on the list?

• 8. Re: CS5. 1 32 bit version
                        m!ndl0rd Adobe Employee

You have the answer. Already installed would be below and the one to install would be listed above.

Did you installed the 32 bit and is it working?

• 9. Re: CS5. 1 32 bit version

Hi Manish,

Thank you for your follow up. Yes, it worked. I downloaded the 32 bit version with the same key.

Re: CS5. 1 32 bit version

created by Manish Kumar in Trial Download & Install FAQ - View the full discussion

You have the answer. Already installed would be below and the one to install would be listed above.

Did you installed the 32 bit and is it working?

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4355796#4355796

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/4355796#4355796. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link .

Start a new discussion in Trial Download & Install FAQ by email or at Adobe Forums

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746 .