• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble with 11.2

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2012 Apr 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am uninstalled and re-installed 11.2 several times now.  Each time I am told the installation was successful but it does not allow me to watch videos.  The little box that is supposed to show existing release installed is always blank and does not have an error message either.  I wanted to go back to an earlier version but of course Adobe does not provide a way to do that....  Video screens are just black and no arrow or wheel to click on to play.  Seems to be a problem with no solution provided that I can find anywhere.  Any help would be appreciated to this low level computer guy.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 21, 2012 Apr 21, 2012

Sorry, in my earlier post I suggested to do a clean install, but forgot to post the link to the instructions: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/928315

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additional Info:  I am running on Windows 7 64 bit and I have tried with and without chrome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try a clean install, then download the offline installer(s) from http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html#Install_in_a_...

Troubled2 wrote:

I wanted to go back to an earlier version but of course Adobe does not provide a way to do that....

Why would you say that?  http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the link on your site to install a previous version, after I removed version on my machine, only to be taken to a list of previous releases which only allowed them to be downloaded to my machine but did not provide a method, that I could see, to actually install the previous release.  I could be wrong but that is my interpretation.  I am not the sharpest knife in the box when it comes to computers.  I will follow your suggestions tomorrow when I am fresh and attempt to get the flash player up and running again.  Thank you for taking the time to send the note above. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2012 Apr 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried the links you sent Pat.  I tried a couple of earlier releases that worked on my computer with no luck.  My computer reports successfull installation but then Flash player does not play videos.  On the screen where the box is that supposed to show current installation level, the box is blank and does not contain an error message either.   So, I guess I am stuck until the next release comes out and hopefully I can watch videos again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 20, 2012 Apr 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please go through this link? http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/flash-player-games-video-or.html

Does it work on Chrome?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2012 Apr 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have been to the link you list several times.  The box is blank that is supposed to list the current version of flash player I am on even though flash was just 'successfully installed' moments before according to the installation process provided by Adobe.  There is no error message in the box either.  When I try to watch a video there is nothing but a blank empty box.  No arrow or wheel to click on.  I am wondering if I picked up a virus or something that my virus checker did not prevent or find that is stopping my flash from working.... don't know.  My 'successfully installed' flash does not work whether I am on chrome or not.  Again, I am on Windows 7, 64 bit on an HP Pavilion with a COREi5 processor.  I am open for suggestions or ideas.  Thanks to all that have made suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, in my earlier post I suggested to do a clean install, but forgot to post the link to the instructions: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/928315

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, THANK YOU.  The link to the instructions was what I needed.  I followed the instructions line by line and sure enough, flash loaded and is working.    Thank you Pat and others that helped me with this problem.  There were files remaining in each and every folder leaving me wondering why Adobe cannot delete them when uninstalling the player.  At any rate, I am up and running and grateful to all and Pat especially.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines