4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 19, 2012 5:49 AM by NEPAGuyUOR RSS

Colour Swatches

When I attempt to Load Swatches in InDesign there are noo additional swatches to download. Apparently this is some error, someone told me to come to the forum to download swatches but I can't find them.

Does anyone know where I can download a swatch file?

Thank you,

• 1. Re: Colour Swatches
          Peter Spier ACP/MVPs

There are two ways to load swatches that are accessible from the same command, either from another InDesign document, or from a saved .ase (Adobe Swatch Exchange) file. If either type of file exists in the directory you are looking in, it will be listed as a choice, but there are no additional swatch libraries in ID the way there are in Illustrator. Standard color matching swath books are accessed through the New Swatch command, not the load swatches.

• 2. Re: Colour Swatches
            Daniel Flavin Community Member

From the Swatches Panel Flyout (downward triangle) > New Color Swatch

From the resulting New Color Swatch dialog > Color Mode flyout should list available Swatches

Reply if that field is blank

• 3. Re: Colour Swatches
              Prashant Bhatnagar Community Member

Swatches > Load Swatches...

There you may specify location of your swatches (.ase) or the indesign document you want to import swatches from.

• 4. Re: Colour Swatches
                NEPAGuyUOR Community Member

From the Swatches Panel I clicked on the "Flyout (downward triangle)" > I selected "New Color Swatch"

From the popout screen "New Color Swatch" > I selected "Color Mode" dropdown > toward the bottom of the list I selected "Web".

From there I was able to scroll through many colours and click "Add" for the ones that I wanted. Thank so much for your help guys!

Thank you,

Ryan Young

United One Resources

Sales & Marketing Associate

Phone: 570-824-7811 x2841