• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not recoding java script

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2006 Oct 18, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying the trial version of Captivate for the application I work with. The menus in this application are not being recorded by Captivate. Any idea on how to enable Captivate to record these java script menues?
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mlangford0 and welcome to our little community

Are these menus by chance menus that appear when moused over without requiring a mouse click? If so, Captivate will never recognize them. It only recognizes mouse clicks and keystrokes. To overcome this, you need to supplement your recording with liberal use of the Print Screen key to force captures. So you snag the first capture, mouse over the item you want to appear and press Print Screen to snap the second. If that menu has another, mouse again and Print Screen.

Hopefully that was enough to get the drift.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure, if you are aware of this or not, but captivate allows you to do print screen while capture also. So you dont need to do print screen outside, save images and then import them into captivate.

Start your recording, and when you rollover your mouse over the menu, press print screen. Captivate will record that as one of its slide.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
LOL, is there an echo in here? Seems I read that Print Screen advice somewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources