Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Multiple dynamic tables in a form

Level 3

I've been reading the forums a lot lately, trying to teach myself A LCD 8.

I found where I can add a row dynamically in a table by using

Table1._Row1.addInstance(true);

and it's working well.  I would like to have several of these type of tables on my form and I can't seem to get the others to work.  I'm working on a 7 page form for an insurance application, so it's a bit tedious for a beginner!

I tried using Table5._Row1.addinstance(true);

I also tried using form1.SecondPage.Table5._Row1.addinstance(true);

and neither are working.

Can someone point me in the right direction please?

I'd also like to put tabs, or buttons at the top of the form to push and go to another page in the form instead of having to scroll.  Is this something easy to do?

One more thing, is there a way to have the top part of a form static, and then just switch the bottom part to the different forms?  I was able to do this in Dreamweaver using divisions, but haven't quite figured that out yet in LiveCycle.

Thanks so much for any answers, I really appreciate the help.

Gretchen

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

First make sure that the Row1 in Table5 is set to Repeat in the Object > Binding palette. Your script looks good, but if the object is not set to repeat, then the script will fail silently.

If you have a look in the Custom Object Library, you will see a Page Navigation object. This is a collection of buttons (with script) that will allow the user to move between pages.

Another option to allow a user to access different parts of a form is to use an Index button. There is an example here: http://assure.ly/h4sIcQ.

If you put the top part of the form onto the Master Page, then it will be visible for all design pages.

Hope that helps,

Niall

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

First make sure that the Row1 in Table5 is set to Repeat in the Object > Binding palette. Your script looks good, but if the object is not set to repeat, then the script will fail silently.

If you have a look in the Custom Object Library, you will see a Page Navigation object. This is a collection of buttons (with script) that will allow the user to move between pages.

Another option to allow a user to access different parts of a form is to use an Index button. There is an example here: http://assure.ly/h4sIcQ.

If you put the top part of the form onto the Master Page, then it will be visible for all design pages.

Hope that helps,

Niall

Level 3

This was so very helpful, thank you very much!!

I've loved learning this program and making all these forms.

If I could just figure out my XML output problem I'd be gold!

Thanks again!

Gretchen

Level 3

I have another question...if you have a moment.

I'd like to have a button that replicates two lines in a table and deletes them both when needed.  Is this possible?

When I do this, it's putting them inbetween each other...

Ideas??

Thanks!1.jpg