13 Replies Latest reply: Apr 20, 2012 9:35 AM by LadyAmada RSS

Are there instructions to uninstall Elements 7 and Elements 10

LadyAmada

Hello,

Could somebody please help me?  I purchased a new laptop and I have to return it because it's been giving me a lot of problems.  I have to uninstall Elements 7 and Elements 10 before I return it.

Are there specific instructions and links to uninstall these 2 programs?

Or, can I just use the Windows uninstall programs to completely uninstall them?

Thanks for your assistance!

• 1. Re: Are there instructions to uninstall Elements 7 and Elements 10
          Barbara B. CommunityMVP

Yes, uninstall from control panel, but be sure to go to Editor>Help>Deactivate before you do. (For PSE 7 there may not be anything there, since most versions of PSE 7 didn't have activation).

• 2. Re: Are there instructions to uninstall Elements 7 and Elements 10
            LadyAmada Community Member

Hi Barbara,

Thanks for the quick reply.  So, If I understand correctly, what you're saying is for PSE 7 I just uninstall with my Windows program, as usual.

Barbara B. wrote:

Yes, uninstall from control panel, but be sure to go to Editor>Help>Deactivate before you do. (For PSE 7 there may not be anything there, since most versions of PSE 7 didn't have activation).

Now, for PSE 10 - By "Editor" do you mean that I have to open PSE 10 and then go to Help>Deactivate? Then, I have to uninstall it with Windows program? Will that totally uninstall it from the laptop? 

Thanks again!

• 3. Re: Are there instructions to uninstall Elements 7 and Elements 10
              Barbara B. CommunityMVP

Now, for PSE 10 - By "Editor" do you mean that I have to open PSE 10 and then go to Help>Deactivate? Then, I have to uninstall it with Windows program? Will that totally uninstall it from the laptop? 

Yes, that's what you should do. The only thing that will totally remove all traces of all installed programs is to use your restore partition to restore the computer to where it was when you bought it, but uninstalling will remove the important parts of PSE. I would check in the editor's help menu for PSE 7, too, although there are only a very few ways you could have gotten a copy with activation on it that long ago.

• 4. Re: Are there instructions to uninstall Elements 7 and Elements 10

Barbara B. wrote:

Yes, that's what you should do. The only thing that will totally remove all traces of all installed programs is to use your restore partition to restore the computer to where it was when you bought it, but uninstalling will remove the important parts of PSE. I would check in the editor's help menu for PSE 7, too, although there are only a very few ways you could have gotten a copy with activation on it that long ago.

Hi Barbara,

I have already uninstalled PSE7 with no problems.  So now I know what to do = Open PSE10 Editor, Go to Help>Edit>Deactivate.  Then uninstall PSE 10 with Windows uninstall program.  Then do a System Restore to restore the laptop to its original state.

Thank you!  I'll come back here and report when I'm all finished.

• 5. Re: Are there instructions to uninstall Elements 7 and Elements 10
                  photodrawken Community Member

No need to do a System Restore just to uninstall PSE.  "Add/Remove Programs" in the Control Panel is all that's necessary from a practical standpoint -- any remaining files or registry entries will do you no harm.

Ken

• 6. Re: Are there instructions to uninstall Elements 7 and Elements 10
                    Barbara B. CommunityMVP

Very true, but if you want to return the computer it's a good idea to do a restore anyway.

• 7. Re: Are there instructions to uninstall Elements 7 and Elements 10
                      photodrawken Community Member

Oh yeah, I missed that part.  A simple System Restore, then, would take care of everything in one swell foop -- it does a reformat.

Ken

• 8. Re: Are there instructions to uninstall Elements 7 and Elements 10

Hi Barbara, Ken:

Thanks so much for your input.  Yeah, I do have to send the laptop back to QVC.   So, I think that doing a System Restore before I return it, would be a good idea.

• 9. Re: Are there instructions to uninstall Elements 7 and Elements 10

Hi guys, me again.

I just tried the Deactivation option and it's not allowing me to do it.  Here is a Snip of the Deactivation screen.  Over at the bottom left there's an error code #194-3.  When I click on Retry I get the Deactivation screen, when I click on Deactivate Permanently, then I get this message again.

Would that be because I deleted the Aksimo,  (sorry, don't quite remember the name) the program that Adobe uses for download and installation?

4Elems Forum,not deactivating.JPG

Your help is really appreciated.

• 10. Re: Are there instructions to uninstall Elements 7 and Elements 10
                            Barbara B. CommunityMVP

No, the akai download manager is all done once you've finished downloading. I just wouldn't worry about it then. The worst case scenario is that if you want to install it on more than one more computer, you'll get an error message and have to have adobe reset the activations for you. Happens all the time when hard drives fail and so on.

• 11. Re: Are there instructions to uninstall Elements 7 and Elements 10

Oh, I see.  *big sigh*  This would've been so much easier if the Adobe people had already sent me the uninstall links I requested yesterday.  When I chatted with one of the ladies at Adobe yesterday, she said that yes, they would send me the links.     Have not heard from anyone yet, that's why I came to the forums, the people here are always on the ball.

I won't be installing PSE10 on more than one computer, I had to return it and asked for a refund because of the malfunctioning laptop.   As I mentioned before, I was supposed to return the laptop today, but I'm still waiting to take care of all of this other stuff. 

• 12. Re: Are there instructions to uninstall Elements 7 and Elements 10
                                Barbara B. CommunityMVP

Oh, you don't go to regular support for activation. If you're in the US, you just call this number:

Software activation

866-772-3623
                                Available 24/7

• 13. Re: Are there instructions to uninstall Elements 7 and Elements 10

Barbara B. wrote:

Oh, you don't go to regular support for activation. If you're in the US, you just call this number:

Software activation

866-772-3623
                                  Available 24/7

Good morning, Barbara.

Oh I see, I didn't know that.  I called the regular 1-800-585-0774 number.  I had to wait for 18 mins to get a regular person, which then put me on hold for another long time, then she transferred me - and the line just kept on ringing and ringing.  All in all, I waited for 1 hour and 5 minutes, until I went to chat with the Adobe lady - even while I was chatting with her the phone just kept on ringing.  So, no, I'm not impressed with the kind of phone support they gave me.

Thanks for the number.  After your last message I decided to just uninstall the thing.  Then I uninstalled a couple of other things and ran a System Restore.  The laptop is all packed and ready to go, I'll be going to the post office to mail it back to QVC in a little while.

Thanks for your assistance.  Have a great weekend.