• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can Index default instead of TOC?

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2006 Oct 18, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had a request. My users find more value in the Index than the TOC. They would like the Index to appear when they open their project, instead of the TOC appearing. Is this possible?
Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lynn

Indeed it can! Just double-click your layout. Then click Next >. See that area up at the top of the dialog labeled "Toolbar Buttons"? Click to select the Index. Then click that big ole "Set As Default" button.

Bingo! Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick, thank you for your speedy reply. Dumb question (esp. since I've been using RH for a number of years!) When you say "Layout" what are you referring to? It's probably something I do every day and don't know it's called layout

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lynn

Hmmm, your question makes me wonder what RoboFlavor you are using. RoboHelp for Word or RoboHelp HTML.

Assuming it is RoboHelp HTML (who knows, maybe both work this way) you should have a left pane of the application and a right pane where you edit topics. The left pane has lots of "pseudo folders". The bottom folder is labeled "Single Source Layouts". If you expand this, you should see several layouts. One is WebHelp. You double-click this layout and you see a dialog with several screens viewed by clicking Next>. That's what I was talking about.

Sorry if that was too basic. Thought I'd cover all the bases just in case.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I'm not losing it. That's what I thought you were referring to! Actually, I am using WebHelp Pro. I don't think the "Toolbar Buttons" option is on the window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhh, WebHelp Pro. Yup, that one is a whole other "nest of weiner dogs". Not sure I can be of any help here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you anyway, Rick. With any luck, I'll find the right nest of wiener dogs!
-Bridget Lynn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp