• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Authoring content in multiple languages

Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2012 Apr 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This question was posted in response to the following article: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/robohelp/robohtml/WS2AEC496D-947A-4556-A613-FB4D78D98BD0.html

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 17, 2012 Apr 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My linked Word document in RH project contains Heading 1 that set as pagination. And text formatted as Heading 1 is numbered.

When I generate topics, the topic name is '1. Introduction', for example. So how to remove '1.' in this topic name automatically ?

Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2012 Apr 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I am aware the problem is that whilst the number is automatically added every time you use the style in Word, it is ultimately part of the text of the heading when it comes across to RoboHelp.

I haven't tried it but the only thing I can think of is to create a copy of the template used for the document and remove the numbering. Whenever you want to update RoboHelp, you attach the copy template and update all instances of the numbered headings. Afterwards relink the old template. Take backups first in case it all goes belly up.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Peter - does the Word conversion settings not have something similar to the FM settings where you can customize how a style comes across? In the FM ones, the style defaults to a field with in it - you can type over it to change how you want it to come in. For example, I have formats that run like "see xxx on page yyy" that don't make any sense in WebHelp, so I map them to use "see <$paratext>" instead.

Just asking - I have no Word to RH experience...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jeff - Your post contains a link to the post. Did you mean to paste something else in?

I am wondering if this is what you mean.

topic_name_pattern.gif

If so I haven't ever needed to use that but it looks like a candidate for the job in hand. Can you add any more as to how goldfish184 would use it?

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's similar to what I was talking about - FM calls them building blocks. They act like variable structures (a bit).

I don't where that self-referential link came from, but I've seen it happen in a few of my posts. 99% of the time, I'm responding back through my Outlook mail client. It must be getting included somehow when the forum receives it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh it see what it did - I was using the term "[Source]" in my response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. Now before I get someone putting me in a straightjacket for talking to goldfish...

See if that dropdown helps. Please post back.

If it does not help, then maybe submit a feature request. The more people who request a feature, the more likely it is to be actioned. Please follow this link.

http://www.Adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&product=38

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There may not be a dropdown - in the FM settings it just reads "[Source]" but you can type over it (not very obvious - I've noticed that behaviour in a few other spots too - a field looks "fixed," but can be edited)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's also a good way to try. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp