• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The concept of Partner Site - What does it mean?

Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2012 Apr 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi you all,

I just became a Premium Partner and now I have my Default Partner Site.

And it looks like this:

PartnerSite.png

What am I supposed to do with that?

The information and functionality there is totally irrelevant to me, as I just want to start my new Website.

Is there something I oversaw or did not understand?

My plan was to start my Partner Site from the scratch with my own templates made in DW and then start to create my online business from within DW. Can I just delete the complete Partner site and then start form the scratch again?

Thank´s in advance for any orientation

Cheers,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 20, 2012 Apr 20, 2012

Hi - what you're seeing is a default site created by Business Catalyst to get you started with selling your services to clients. You can use that, or blow it away by creating your own site from scratch.

So yes, you can delete all the pages and create your own

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - what you're seeing is a default site created by Business Catalyst to get you started with selling your services to clients. You can use that, or blow it away by creating your own site from scratch.

So yes, you can delete all the pages and create your own

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Getswizzle,

thank you! This is what I wanted to hear! I am going to start from the scratch now.

There still remains the question, why BC welcomes you as a Premium Partner with such an incredibly weird Partner Site, which cannot possibly have anything to do with the situation of any of BC´s new Premium Partners!? And a site, that is not even functional!  - Try to sign up, for example!

Thank you so much for your help,

Ginoem50

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I agree with you - the promotional materials that Partners have are very out of date. I think that template is from the old GoodBarry days...

If you ever want to refer to the content that's included in that template, you can download it again from your Partner Portal (under Tool - Partner Resources).

Thanks - have fun building your new site

Laura

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is like that so it makes you update and make your own. If you white label it it gives you ideas of what you can include and that's about it.

I get shocked with people just launching like that saying their web professionals and not even they are running duplicate content. Search for some phrases front that page in google, it's a bit of a laugh 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2012 Apr 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Laura,

I was happy to delete the files and folders of the default partner site, and I think I messed it up, as there seem to be all the necessary structure of CSS for menues and other relevant elements. In other words, I would like to restore the initial situation.

If you ever want to refer to the content that's included in that template, you can download it again from your Partner Portal (under Tool - Partner Resources).

I was looking in partner resources but did not find any possibility there on how to restore the initial partner site.

Have you got any idea?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - there are quite a few folders that you should keep that are generated whenever a new site is created.

For example:

• _System
  • Layouts
  • ModuleTemplates

Here's what I suggest:

1. Go to your Partner Portal
  2. Click on Create Site
  3. Click on Start from Scratch and choose the webCommerce site
  4. Give this site a temporary name (like testginoem)
  5. Now connect through FTP and have a look at the default structure of a blank site

Whenever I start a brand new site, I like to open the /StyleSheets/modulestylesheets.css and delete all the css so that I'm starting fresh with my own CSS file(s).

I hope that helps,

Laura

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can not actually delete those folders Laura, system folders can not be deleted and key files can not be renamed You will note you get an error if you try to do so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh okay - that's good - I have never tried deleting or rename them 😉

I'm not sure what Gineom50 deleted then - if you want the out-of-the box template, you can download the Unbranded Site Content ZIP file from your Partner Portal.

Thx

Laura

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 23, 2012 Apr 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Just wanted to tell you that I have heard your feedback on this, and we will take a look at the partner website and the content generated there. It is rather old, and we will think of ways to update it.

Thank you,

Magda Neagu

Partner Manager

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Magda, Laura and Liam,

first of all thank you for your help.

In the meanwhile I managed to restore the Partner Site and I am doing my first steps with the system.

As a matter of fact it works just fine.

My initial confusion was due to the fact, that playing around with the prebuilt solutions for trial sites made me feel like having a wonderful solution at hand. When I first saw the Partner Site this was a shock for me, as this had nothing to do with the look and feel of what I had seen before.

So, Magda, I am glad that BC is aware of this and rethinks the Partner Site.

Thank you all very much,

Hermann

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hermann,

Any suggestions you might have are appreciated. What you expected to see there, what you would want to see in an ideal scenario, any ideas that might come after finishing your site and you want to share. Please feel free to either write them in here, or e-mail me and me and my team at bcPartner-team @ Adobe.com

Good luck with the setup.

Magda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines