ctive Internet connections (only servers)
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address Foreign Address Stat e
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:3306 0.0.0.0:* LIST EN
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:111 0.0.0.0:* LIST EN
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:10000 0.0.0.0:* LIST EN
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:22 0.0.0.0:* LIST EN
tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:631 0.0.0.0:* LIST EN
tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:25 0.0.0.0:* LIST EN
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:989 0.0.0.0:* LIST EN
tcp 0 0 :::80 :::* LIST EN
tcp 0 0 :::22 :::* LIST EN
tcp 0 0 ::1:631 :::* LIST EN
udp 0 0 0.0.0.0:10000 0.0.0.0:*
udp 0 0 0.0.0.0:44102 0.0.0.0:*
udp 0 0 0.0.0.0:983 0.0.0.0:*
udp 0 0 0.0.0.0:986 0.0.0.0:*
udp 0 0 0.0.0.0:5353 0.0.0.0:*
udp 0 0 0.0.0.0:111 0.0.0.0:*
udp 0 0 0.0.0.0:631 0.0.0.0:*
udp 0 0 :::5353 :::*
udp 0 0 :::33517 :::*
Active UNIX domain sockets (only servers)
Proto RefCnt Flags Type State I-Node Path
unix 2 [ ACC ] STREAM LISTENING 6357 /var/run/cups/cups.sock
unix 2 [ ACC ] STREAM LISTENING 5975 /var/run/sdp
unix 2 [ ACC ] STREAM LISTENING 5897 /var/run/dbus/system_bu s_socket
unix 2 [ ACC ] STREAM LISTENING 4875 @ISCSIADM_ABSTRACT_NAME SPACE
unix 2 [ ACC ] STREAM LISTENING 6074 /var/run/pcscd.comm
unix 2 [ ACC ] STREAM LISTENING 6107 /var/run/acpid.socket
unix 2 [ ACC ] STREAM LISTENING 8267 @/tmp/fam-root-
unix 2 [ ACC ] STREAM LISTENING 6995 @/var/run/hald/dbus-npD xcfuB7D
unix 2 [ ACC ] STREAM LISTENING 100330 /var/lib/mysql/mysql.so ck
unix 2 [ ACC ] STREAM LISTENING 4858 @ISCSID_UIP_ABSTRACT_NA MESPACE
unix 2 [ ACC ] STREAM LISTENING 6996 @/var/run/hald/dbus-m3x H5OA4cR
unix 2 [ ACC ] STREAM LISTENING 6949 /var/run/avahi-daemon/s ocket
unix 2 [ ACC ] STREAM LISTENING 6815 /dev/gpmctl
unix 2 [ ACC ] STREAM LISTENING 5303 /var/run/audispd_events
I didnt see your messge earlier and am back to my home for weekend, I had opened the shell for few minutes and saw the edge crashing in your logs, installation is looking fine to me. Only thing that I still need to verify is the conf folder. Couldnt spend much time on this, wil lrevert back to you around Monday on this issue, meantime am not sure if you have already tried this tutorial - http://help.adobe.com/en_US/flashmediaserver/configadmin/WSdb9a8c2ed4c02d261d76cb3412a40a4 90be-8000.html
See and let me know if it works for you.
Have you verified if your system's firewall is off ?
You can check the status of your firewall by running this command in your shell - service iptables status. Sometimes it happens that your firewall won't allow FMS to listen on ports 1935 and 80, because of which
FMS fails to start.
If the firewall is up, please try switching it off and restart your server again. Command to stop firewall is - service iptables stop.
Here are a few things I would like you to run -
1. Tell me which version of FMS you are trying to install.
2. Execute 'ps -elaf | grep fms' on your shell and let me know the result. I am just trying to make sure there are no multiple instances installed on your server machine that may be causing any problems
3. Uninstall the FMS server.
4. Check again for running processes by executing 'ps -elaf | grep fms'
5. Now run '
netstat -tulpn | grep :80' and '
netstat -tulpn | grep :1935' to check if any of these ports are being used by FMS or some other process.
6. If you find any process that is currently using any of the two ports, please kill them.
7. Please make sure you have your firewall disabled and no other security policy in place that may be blocking FMS from using the ports. Once we have FMS running, we can sort out the problem and enable security policies again as suitable for your requirements.
8. Now install your server again. While installation, ensure that the installer is not throwing any errors or warnings.
I know you may have done all this but just to be sure it would be great if you follow the steps in order, so that we finally catch and solve your issue. Let me know how it goes.