4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 2, 2013 1:40 PM by Sweeney70 RSS

Blackberry Playbook and library books

onecherryberry

I cannot get the Digital Editions loaded on my PC to "see" my Playbook when it is attached so that I can download books from the library (it dos now show on the Bookshelf). PC says it is authorized.

Thank you, Cherry

• 1. Re: Blackberry Playbook and library books
          Frustrated in AZ Community Member

You've been caught up in the syndrome that, just because you're supposed

to be able to read ebooks on your device, you assume that all you have to

do is to hook it to your PC and you're good to go.  There's some technology

in the middle, and it's important because it makes everything work.

ADE does not support your Blackberry.  That's not going to change soon,

either, unfortunately.  Once you get your library ebook downloaded to your

computer, you can't transfer it to your Blackberry.

=============

• 2. Re: Blackberry Playbook and library books
            Sweeney70 Community Member

The Problem is another in my opinion.

Facts:

- Playbook can read DRM-eBooks with Kobo.

- Kobo Desktop is a featured device on Windows, but I can't import there my books from ADE or send them from ADE to Kobo.

- ADE supports the playbook not native

I have to a) remove DRM and copy it on my playbook; or b) use another Reader (Android) to read DRM-protected ebooks. This not easy-way.

Please tell us how we can send our bought ebooks from ADE to KoboDesktop. This would be the way Adobe says.

• 3. Re: Blackberry Playbook and library books
              Frustrated in AZ Community Member

No, the Blackberry is not a supported device under ADE.   Your choice of

the term 'not native' could mean that the Blackberry is supported some

other way by ADE, which is not true.  Thus, there is no way to connect the

Blackberry to ADE directly.

ADE does provide both library management and support for DRM-enabled

epublications.  As you point out, so do other software systems.  And

because there are other software systems that do support DRM-enabled

publications, plus other systems interface with your Blackberry, perhaps

you should look at those systems to use instead of ADE.

Yes, KOBO's desktop support for epublications is independent of, and cannot

run with, ADE.

So, if you have alternatives, why are you asking how to interface ADE with

the KOBO desktop?

================

• 4. Re: Blackberry Playbook and library books
                Sweeney70 Community Member

Hello again,

I hoped to get help, but Adobe won't do it.

My alternative is illegal and you give me advice to do it? O-(
                It's not neccessary to sync to kobo desktop, but directly to the Playbook.

Where is the announced support of the Playbook?

Greetings