5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 13, 2013 6:24 PM by billthetd RSS

error #16820

achu13c Community Member

when downloding update i get this error massege # 16820

• 1. Re: error #16820
          dave_m_k サポートアドバイザ

Good day,

Are you by chance trying to update the Acrobat.com Desktop Application?  It's an Adobe AIR app we released a few years back.

If so, we recommend that you actually uninstall that application and access Acrobat.com by logging in here: http://acrobat.com/signin.html

We no longer support the Acrobat.com Desktop Application.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,

David

• 2. Re: error #16820
            kgbarrett

I get this error, and it's while I'm updating Tweetdeck. The failure is in the Adobe Air install, I do not have Acrobat.

A search through the Internet shows hundreds of people having this issue with all kinds of software using Air.

Is there a solution (other than my never updating Air again)?

• 3. Re: error #16820
              dave_m_k サポートアドバイザ

If you're getting this error w/ Tweetdeck, it likely means that the update Tweetdeck is trying to install is incompatible with the AIR runtime you have installed.  I'd suggest uninstalling Adobe AIR, then reinstalling from here: http://get.adobe.com/air/  Once you've reinstalled AIR, try launching Tweetdeck again to update. 

I've got the latest version of Tweetdeck running w/ the latest version of AIR on both my Mac (10.6.8) and Windows (Win7) machines without issue.

Hope this helps!

-David

• 4. Re: error #16820
                kgbarrett Community Member

Thank you. Downloading it and installing it directly from that URL eliminated the current issue. :-)

• 5. Re: error #16820
                  billthetd Community Member

I followed your instructions to uninstall and reinstall Adobe AIR from the link you provided. I still get the same response when trying to update Adobe Acrobat. Error #16820. I am running Windows XP. Thanks.