• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Search box button question.

Participant ,
Apr 20, 2012 Apr 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have made a custom made button for my search box area. I know that there is a button that's automatically added with the search box module. My question, is it possible to code the custom made button? I made it via Fireworks with a rollover effect.

TOPICS
Newbie Corner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

How do you mean?

The form is html so you can do what you like. You can keep it as is and apply CSS only styles to it to great effect or you can set the input as an image and use your image (although no roleover effect that way) or you can replace it with <button> and use that as you have a lot more options.
Here are just some example tutorials on what you cna do:

http://speckyboy.com/2009/05/27/22-css-button-styling-tutorials-and-techniques/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Liam. Let me clairify. I have an existing search box and a button that I'd made for it via Fireworks. It looks like that I'm able to take the code from the search box from B.C. and insert it inside the Dreamweaver's search box. But I wasn't 100% on how to apply the code from the search button that's part of the B.C. search box, into my "go" button that I'd made in Fireworks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can not just put your stuff in.

The fields have to be the same, the names etc of those fields need to be the same and the action of course needs to be included.

You also need to decide how you want the search to work with either inserting the module results tag into the same page or template or into a new page. If you want a new page you need to modify the action.

Here is the knowledgebase link with information about it:

http://kb.worldsecuresystems.com/731/bc_731.html?bc-partner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm aware of that and already know how to insert a working module on a different page. Currently have a set up like that now. My sole goal is just to be able to perform the same task but with the button that I'd made to compliment the website's aesthetics. I'll look the link.

Edit. That link is irrelevant to my initial question. I already know how to do that already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first link?

The first post answers your question.

You need to update the CSS for the button or make CSS in the stylesheet targeting that button to style it. OR if you want to use an image you set the input field as type="image" and apply the source.

http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_input.asp
What other information do you need?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. I was referring to the second link that is irrelevant. I'll look into the 1st link. I was clarifying my question in my 2nd reply because you weren't sure what I was asking. "How do you mean?" That's all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My sole goal is just to be able to perform the same task but with the button that I'd made to compliment the website's aesthetics.

I think what Liam is telling you is you can't replace the BC search field with your own. That just won't work. What you can do is using CSS make the BC one look and act like the one in Dreamweaver. ou can do some very impressive stuff with CSS so much so that the search form or any form is completely different. Bottom line is you need to add your design to the form. You can't add your form to the design.

Maybe if you supplied a link to the form so we could see what you are trying to do we could give you more detailed direction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Key thing to note is please never take offense to someone posting to much information or things you know. Other people do not know your skills. And increasingly beginers to the web are asking questions and using BC as their platform for making websites.

I have posted about how to change someones CSS and been asked what CSS was, I have been asked what a Div was, I have had people totally non compliant in terms of what HTML is trying to use Business Catalyst so while I stick to my guns in my principle of "Help people help themselves" where I very rarely just give people the code answer (I do not feel that is right, people need to learn so they understand what they are doing) , I try and cover the basis.

Hope that makes sense

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 21, 2012 Apr 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ Liam. A suggestion here. Never read too deep into replies. Meaning the "offense" point here. My point was addressing that I'm past that point regarding the search to a new page part because it was irrelevant to my initial question after your initial reply to me. I was simply clarifying and addressing what you didn't understand in my initial question. Nothing more nothing less. "Hope that makes sense." I'd understood your point in your intial reply. Just needed to clear up your first question so that we're on the same page.

@ Brad. Thanks. Yes, I got that from the initial reply. As I was pointing out to Liam his, "How do you mean?" question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, start up with a bit more explanation, check out what a person has said to see if it is the right answer before replying and your all good

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No lecture needed my man. What's best is to not assume that one is taking offense when someone is replying back to you. Let's kill the ego contest here. If I weren't for the knowledge, I wouldn't waste my time asking. The help is much appreciated. I have no issue with people askng for clarification. Hence why I did give you a "bit more explanation." after you'd asked, "How do you mean?" I just didn't need the additives and preservatives in your previous reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 22, 2012 Apr 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow, not even thought the conversations were in that direction. Lol

You got the help, will leave it at that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines