5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 22, 2012 8:29 PM by Noel Carboni RSS

CRASH  CS6

My cs6 beta crashes after I do a lot of things such as content aware etc.  This only happens when I have been working with photos for a long time (an hour or so).  I do not know if it occurs when I have bveen working on an individual photo or when I am working on multiple photos.

I only know that this has happened at least 3 times and it cannot be tolerated.

Gil Audette

e-mail addeess gilbus@embarqmail.com

• 1. Re: CRASH  CS6
          Chris Cox Adobe Employee

What OS version are you using?

And what does the crash report say?

• 2. Re: CRASH  CS6
            gilb2 Community Member

WINDOWS XP

My recollection it said something like  We are sorry Adobe             required to shot down    I don't remember the exact notice.  I have had 2 chat sessions with Adobe.  The first one they

told me to go to a forum; that link could not be opene d.  The second  one sent me to the same forum that I have available "join discussion" when I open cs6.  Both of these simply closed the chat session

after they told me that so I could not question them further.

My real problem is not what I say etc about the crash but how can I send it in.  I have tried looking at your comments; still can't find how to send.  I am mising something of course but all I need

is a send button.

• 3. Re: CRASH  CS6
              gilb2 Community Member

My previous reply was very short on information and patience. Lets see if I can correct both.

Just today I was doing a lot of gradient work and it crashed.

Message "CS6 has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconveince"

I am operation in Windows XP.  Of course I am limited to 3gig ram which limites me to around 1.7gig available to CS6; may this be a problem?  My scratch disk has

over 350gig unused.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Gil Audette

• 4. Re: CRASH  CS6
                Curt Y Community Member

Not the expert Chris is, but it is a safe bet you are runnig out of memory.

You say "My cs6 beta crashes after I do a lot of things such as content aware etc", which is a good clue.

With limited resources you can dial down the histry states, and watch which proceedues you use.  If you can flatten image after a few image intense proceedures.

If you start with a 1 meg file you can gain in size rapidly.  If you do a whole gaussian blur to a layer now you have a 2 meg file.  Each time to do something it adds to file slze.

Liquify and probably content aware of a large section can eat up a lot of resources.

Seems like each new version requires more horsepower.  A 64 bit machine with 8 gigs of RAM is now becoming the min. machine to be able to uses all the features of the program.

• 5. Re: CRASH  CS6
                  Noel Carboni Community Member

gilb2 wrote:

WINDOWS XP

It's time to move up to a more modern OS.