• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADE will not consistenlty download books from www.christianbooks.com

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2012 Apr 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having trouble getting ADE to recognize my new android tablet.  In the course of trying to figure out the issues, I went back to the website where I have purchased most of my ebooks.  Interestingly, I was able to re-download books up to a certain point in my history.  Then I could not download new books or some of the books I have been able to download in the past.

I am running Windows 7, ADE version 1.7.2.1131Help?  I think that thboth problems may be related.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2012 Apr 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MOre info.  The download issue seems to be related to the Browser!.  I have been using Chrome consistenlty for some time.  The download issue occrs with Chrome.  When I tried with Firefox, I had no issues.

The Android issue involves an Acer Iconia A500 running a load of Android 4.0.  I have both Aldiko and Mantano authorized, but ADE will not recognize the device.  ADE lists my device as supported, but will not deetect the device when connected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 23, 2012 Apr 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The operative word is 'android'. ADE does not support most Android

devices. You didn't name your tablet, but if you click

HERE,<http://blogs.adobe.com/digitalpublishing/supported-devices>you'll

find a list of supported devices.

Some sites will be able to download their epublications directly to your

tablet because they interface with the Android operating system, which may

help to explain why the ebooks you're downloading get to the tablet. All I

can do is to guess at the reasons why you were able to re-download ebooks

and can't get content now.

==================

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a problem with  my Reader and I called the customer service phone number (1-800-247-4784) at christianbooks.com.  The person I talked to understood the problem and told me how to fix it. 

I hope this is a help to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Must not have explained the issues well.

1)  Problem 1:  In the past I had a Pandigital Novel (Android 2.1) which I synced with ADE regularly.  I recently switched to an Acer Iconia A500 android tablet ( this is the model and it is on the list of supported devices).  ADE will not recognize my tablet at all, not even asking to establish a connection.

2)  Problem 2:  the website www.christianbook.com downloads to ADE on my PC directly.  It will not download to my device at all.  This is why syncing my Digital Editions books from ADE to my Android device is important.  Because I was having issues with ADE syncing to android apps that were also DRM authorized (which by the way were the same apps that I synced to on the Pandigital Novel previously), I thought that I would check to see if my books were corrupt or some other issues might exist with ADE.  As I mentioned, some books would not download at all, Chrome wanted to download the .acsm file instead of passing it to ADE.  Some of my books downloaded just fine.  When I tried the same process in Firefox, I had no trouble downloading any books to ADE.  This problem appears to be related to the Chrome browser, and I now consider it solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the explanation. You had me scratching my head - and I have

very few hairs left, so each one is precious to me.

The ADE-Acer Iconia tablet support has been problematic. Sometimes, it

seems to work well, and others are a complete bust. If I remember

correctly, one person posted that he had to get an update to his tablet in

order for it to interface with ADE. And I'm not sure but it seems that

update was to the ebook software on the tablet. Which would make sense....

Happy reading!

===========

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines