• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

icon legend for RoboHelp HTML?

Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2012 Apr 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings, am evaluating RH9 to decide if it's a worthwhile purchase and am having a lot of difficulties in getting up and running.

After this long intro, the two questions for today are: is there an icon legend somewhere to be found?

I've got question marks on topics (imported a Word doc to create a project), and have no idea what they represent and what I should be doing to normalize the topics to be without these question marks.

Also, tried yesterday to import an HTML document with a lot of DIV sections (11 pages) and no topics were created in RoboHelp HTML. What would be the correct way to import it so that each DIV is a separate topic?

I'd really appreciate help in getting something working.

Many thanks, Donna

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 23, 2012 Apr 23, 2012

Are you referring to these icons?

Capture1.png

If so, this is the standard RH topic icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Donna

Welcome to the forum.

When replying there is a camera icon that allows you to include screenshots in your post. Seeing what you are seeing would help.

Take a look at the importing pages on my site. That will address some of your questions. In the process it may fix some of the issues. Try that and then post back with whatever problems remain, hopefully none.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you referring to these icons?

Capture1.png

If so, this is the standard RH topic icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly!  --So the question mark doesn't indicate that something needs to be fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't change these icons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gotcha (so far usability-wise this product could use some improvement..)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Colum says, that is the standard topic icon and does not indicate anything. It is used by many authoring tools.

I see I misread your original question on the importing aspect. You had started with reference to a Word document so your reference to Pages caught me out. Also I have been working with Word all morning so have some pity on me!

Pages in an HTML file?

You can force Word documents to come in breaking on whatever style you set to paginate. (Explained on my site) There is no equivalent option for HTML but the content should display. Is it a file you can send me offline? If so see the Contact page on my site. It's OK to attach the HTM file to an email.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gotcha (so far usability-wise this product could use some improvement..)

What are you comparing with?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not so much the icons (tried other Help authoring apps, but don't recall what the topic icons looked like), as the workflow and the supporting learning material; a series of Adobe TVs clips covering the basics, as they have for Illustrator is direly lacking. Add to that the RoboHelp documentation isn't sufficient IMO.

The import flow was much easier with Doc-to-Help's trial, and also they provide basic "get up and running" Webinars frequently. The interface has less icons (and larger..).

RH is a powerful tool for sure, but it seems that a 30 day trial license is not enough time for gaining a positive experience..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think once you get your mind around it, you will find it much easier than it might appear right now.

Have you found this page? http://tv.adobe.com/show/learn-robohelp-9/

Also there is a lot of information about specific areas on my site.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2012 Apr 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Peter. Had clicked the AdobeTV link that's provided when you start RH,http://tv.adobe.com/channel/technical-communication/ which brings you somewhere less focused. While we're at it, there's also this link for some basics covered in RH8 

http://www.adobe.com/designcenter-archive/robohelp/videos/

The basics I was seeking weren't there, but there were other useful items.

Regarding the icon list, there is one in the RoboHTML 9 Help (apologies). I downloaded the Help as a PDF, so if anybody else is looking for it, it's on p.40 of the PDF.

Have a new question, but will open a new thread for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp