7 Replies Latest reply: Oct 19, 2014 7:02 AM by SebastiaanFP RSS

Portable Desktop - an oxymoron or is there hope?

Kris_24 Community Member

Hi there,

I am considering building a desktop for editing this summer. However, as the title says, there is one consideration I am having a rather difficult time meeting - finding a case condusive to moving around. As I am nearing the end of my college career and not 100% sure where I will end up at any given point in time, I was hoping to make a desktop that is as portable as possible. Originally, I was envisioning something maybe along the lines of a Mac Pro, with solid handles and a decent metal build. I have not had any luck in tracking down anything like this.

Does anybody here know where I can find a decently made large case with a design considerate of transporting around and a professional look? (hopefully available for a price that isn't more expensive than the insides cost!)

Any suggestions welcome, including off the wall ones. At this point I'm almost wondering if I could just buy a simple case and slap on some handles myself. Or am I missing the forest for the trees and simply obsessing over handles too much? It's been a while since I wrestled with a full size case, but maybe it's not as all bad as I remember.

Thanks,

Kristofor