Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player 11.2.202.228 no longer plays my audio flv

Apr 02, 2012 Apr 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to the new flash player (version 11.2.202.228) audio only flv files no longer play.

air3.2 update too.

In the source code below:

red5 server is used for audio recording and playback

ns.play() does not run.

But, there is no problem with recording [ns.publish()]

/**NetConnection**/

private function setupNC():void{

myServer = "rtmp://ip";
   nc = new NetConnection();

nc.connect(myServer);
   nc.client = this;
   nc.addEventListener(NetStatusEvent.NET_STATUS, netStatus1);
   nc.addEventListener(AsyncErrorEvent.ASYNC_ERROR, asyncErrorHandler);
   nc.addEventListener(SecurityErrorEvent.SECURITY_ERROR, securityErrorHandler);
   nc.connect(myServer);
}

/*** ns.publish ***/

private function record_start():void{

tbSoundFile = rndSoundFile(); //sound file

initMic("0xff0000");
   ns = new NetStream(nc);
   ns.addEventListener(NetStatusEvent.NET_STATUS, netStatus2);
   ns.attachAudio(myMic);
   ns.publish(tbSoundFile, "record");
}

private function record_play():void{

var myClient:Object = new Object();
   ns = new NetStream(nc);
   ns.addEventListener(NetStatusEvent.NET_STATUS, netStatus3);
   ns.bufferTime = 5;
   ns.client = myClient;

myClient.onMetaData = function(myMeta:Object):void {
       myDuration = myMeta["duration"];

}

myClient.onPlayStatus = function(myPBstatus:Object):void{
        if(myPBstatus["code"] == "NetStream.Play.Complete"){
            recordingState = "idle";
         }
     }

mySoundFile = tbSoundFile;    //sound file

ns.play(mySoundFile);     

}

private function netStatus3(event:NetStatusEvent):void {

trace(event.info.description);   <<<<<<< (1)

switch (event.info.code){
            case "NetConnection.Connect.Success" :
                ns = new NetStream(nc);
                ns.attachAudio(myMic);
                nc.removeEventListener(NetStatusEvent.NET_STATUS, netStatus);
                break;
            case "NetStream.Play.Failed" :     <<<<<<<<<<< (2)

record_stop();
                 break;
      }
}

Trace results for event.info.description (1):

playing and resetting <file_name>

Started playing <file_name>

undefined

undefined

Trace results for event.info.code (2):

Netstream.Play.Failed

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A lot of people are having the same issue. I put this on the same level of Adobe screwing up video for Radeons so video was just a flat green color with audio. They never fixed it for my old 4870 x2 nor my 4870 non-x2. I had to disable hardware acceleration to see video. Just google 'flash player green video' and you'll see what a mess flash player can make.

The last thread I asked this question became a debacle, let's see how it goes here. Why are you using a FLV container when you only have audio? Why not just use an audio format? The other thread was absolutely sure that FLV audio was somehow 'better compressed' than mp3. Is this the case here too or do you have some other reason for sticking audio-only in a video container?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason we have for sticking to FLV is that we have 11 million users that have recorded hundreds of thousands of FLV files over the last three years, whose playback was just broken by 11.2. Are we going to transcode this huge user-generated file library to .mp3 now???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, same reason for me (I reported the same problem in another thread..). My users publish audio recordings which flash stores in FLV format. And so I have thousands of .flvs created like that. Plus I need the option to play back more or less as soon as recording is finished so converting to another format is not really an option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

panicfarm~ Nope you're definitely going to advise users not to upgrade to the latest flash until a fix is made .

danielfrith~ FLV already has to compress the audio using a codec. The fact that it's in a FLV container doesn't make it any faster to encode (actually slower) nor faster to play back immediately. It's a misunderstanding of how containers and codecs work. You can merely look here to see how to unpack your FLVs to see what format they actually are, MP3 or AAC. You could have just encoded them to that format to begin with, disregarding the unnecessary step of the FLV container.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@sinious, that really doesn't help me It's encoded client side by flash player (Nellymoser, in fact, not mp3), I want those FLVs to play back again without any server side processing which may incur a delay. Do you have a fix for this problem? If you want to discuss containers, please start a new thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having the same issue: video flv play, but audio flvs do not.

Tried with a "start" parameter: Netstream.play('http://example.com', 0) , still does not work.

Everything works in 11.1 or less.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just in case this helps - here is the meta data that is coming in with a FLV file with no video:

metadata: duration=29.866 width=undefined height=undefined framerate=undefined videocodecid: -1

Still haven't found a fix, but if the FLV component can be made to work then I imagine that there is a solution in Actionscript. A setting on the flash.media.video instance. Ours was set to invisible on Audio only playback, setting it to visible did not help...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A general question - is anybody with this problem actually using FMS? I'm using CRTMPServer, someone else mentioned Red5...

I wonder if/how the meta data in a FMS generated FLV differs...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The metadata I posted came from a FLV file generated by red5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the 11.2 release notes:

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/release-note/release-notes-flash-player-11_20120305.html

"Netstream API briefly returns wrong value when video buffer is drained(2737056)"

That fix is probably the cause.

I switched to rtmp playback of our files - I still get the same Netstream.play.failed error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2012 Apr 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I filed a bug report:

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3156305

Perhaps others could add any comments or notes to it..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@danielfrith:

can you check the .flv file that does not play with flvcheck ?

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashMediaServer/3.5_AdminGuide/WS5b3ccc516d4fbf351e63e3d119f29261b7-7ff...

Do you have an audio-only .flv file that is created with FMS, that actually plays?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I checked some files - some give me:

"Error: -9 Invalid FLV message footer."

others give me:

"Error: -5 File read error."

And yes, they all give one or the other error. Nethertheless, these played fine in older flash players.

> Do you have an audio-only .flv file that is created with FMS, that actually plays?

No, I don't have access to FMS.

(I only speculated that FMS might work since someone over on a Red5 mailing list suggested it did: http://groups.google.com/group/red5interest/browse_thread/thread/994f6808bfd1a404/76383001f6d45d16 )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Given the fact that Adobe is transitioning away from Flash, I would not have high hopes that they will fix it then.
As a practical matter, the problem is in the empty video stream of the flv files. Ideally, the audio-only files should only have one stream, but they are saved with two streams, an empty video stream, and an audio stream.

I removed the video stream like this:

ffmpeg -i src.flv -vn -acodec copy src-copy.flv

The resulting file is playable in 11.2.

(you need a very recent version of ffmpeg, or you will get white noise)

I am  now modifying the red5 app to run this command right after the file is saved, and send a message back to the client on success.

After that, I will have to write a batch script that will go over the entire file library, find audio-only files, and remove video streams from them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2012 Apr 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, that's very useful to know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similiar issue here!
On top of the playback issues I have embedded markers in my FLV to fire off actions in an elearning module - this really makes things bad!
Going back in to all the modules and adding some work-around is NOT really an option...there is something different about how audio only FLV's are being played now.

BTW - FireFox FF & other version of Flash Player DO work though w/o a single glitch!  So problem seems limited to IE8 w/ 11.1.202.228

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps programatically adding back in your cuepoints will solve your problem for now.

I still can't believe there's this many people using a video container for audio. It's like buying a tractor trailer to save on gas. Makes no sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2012 Apr 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sinious, im having the same issue, and like the first post said, we are using red5 to record the stream, and red5 just save this stream in a flv file.

im waiting any advice to solve this, but i think the solution should come from adobe/flashplayer, there are a lot of applications that reads a FLV sound file, and until

flashplayer 11.1 everyting works.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The authoring tool for courseware I build limits my choices and FLV is the prefferred choice (ecspecially for adding event triggers). It always worked like a champ till the other day when machines started upgrading to 11.2.202.228.

Upon further investigation I did discover that some FLV's did work OK (they were coicindentally produced directly using Adobe Media Encoder) while the other FLV's that did NOT work were produced within the authoring tool itself (converts WAV's to FLV's).

So I decided to crack them both open and look for any differences...sure enoough I found one:
FLV's that did NOT work were created using MPEG 1 - level 3, The FLV's that DID work were created using MPEG 2 - level 3.

Could it be that MPEG-1 is no longer FULLY supported in 11.2.202.228 ?
Maybe this will help others...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi do you know a tool to convert FLV MPEG 1 - level 3 to FLV MPEG 2 - level 3 ?

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2012 Apr 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are experiencing the same thing.  Using Red5 on backend I can record and stream back an flv through FP 11.1.102.55.  The same flv cannot be played back on FP 11.2.202.228.  I filed a bug report: https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3157899.  Adobe responded that they looking into the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2012 Apr 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's important to you that this bug be fixed, please let Adobe know, and vote: 

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3157899

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2012 Apr 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe release a new version of flash player

http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html#fp11

but to me the error with playing flv audio files persist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines