• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe reader has stopped working

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2012 Mar 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got a new computer running Windows 7 and downloaded Adobe Reader 10.1.2 version and get this message:   Adobe Reader has stopped working...

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and the same.  I have also tried the repair option and nothing. Any other ideas? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2012 Apr 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see if the solution posted in the KB article below works for you:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/928/cpsid_92870.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2012 Apr 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still didn't work. any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2012 Apr 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem on a new HP laptop running Windows 7.  Adobe Reader won't even open.  I can't view documents, let alone print (which the above suggestion seems to be regarding).  I tried repairing the pre-installed version of Adobe X, uninstalling it, and reinstalling from a freshly downloaded version.  Nothing.  Same error message...  Any help would be appreciated.

Follow-up:  I found the page that allows you to choose which version you want to download rather than having it auto-detect which one.  It offered version 9 as well as 10 for Windows 7.  I tried version 9 and it seems to work.  Not a real fix, but a good temporary one that doesn't require any 'hacking'.  Just thought I'd share this finding in case it helps someone else.  I hope it's only temporary, though.  I'd still really like to be able to use the most current version...  (hint, hint, to Adobe or Windows folks, whoever need to make the changes...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 18, 2012 Apr 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try and install the latest version of Reader (i.e. version 10.1.3) from http://get.adobe.com/reader

Is the issue still existing with Reader 10.1.3 as well?

If it does, please let me know the following details:

1. What is the exact error message that you are receiving. Please post a screenshot of the same if possible.

2. Which Antivirus software are you using? Does disabling the Antivirus software temporarily help?

3. in your knowledge do you have any 3rd party plug-ins installed for Reader X?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2012 Apr 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'm getting the same error with 10.1.0 MUI that was pre-installed on

my new machine and with 10.1.3 from a current download. Yes, I uninstalled

and restarted between installations.

1) Error message (in a small window):

Adobe Reader has stopped working

Windows is checking for a solution to the problem...

Then nothing happens - no follow up message and the program does not open.

2) Disabling the antivirus does not help. I was actually running with no

antivirus at all the first time I got the error. I have not been able to

get any version of Acrobat X to run on this machine under any conditions.

Once i tried to do a repair and it tried to run in Win XP compat mode.

Even that failed. (Sorry, I didn't write down that error message but it

had to do with not being able to open in safe mode.)

3) I am not aware of any 3rd party plug-ins installed. As I mentioned

above, I have not ever been able to get it open so anything there is would

have been pre-installed from the factory.

I'm running an HP Pavilion dv7 with Windows 7 SP1 and it has been

installing updates constantly so all updates should, hypothetically, be

there from Microsoft.

The only solution I've found so far is to go back to Reader version 9.5.1

which will install properly and open.

Note: Every installation attempt with any version of Adobe Reader has said

it was a successful install. Versions of X just won't open...

Thanks for your help. Hopefully this issue gets resolved quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2012 Jun 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times. I ran a C Cleaner, registry cleaner, I am running Windows 7 and everything seems to be working. In Google Chrome when I try to open it just is a never changing grey page with the circle arrow. In IE 9 it say Adobe reader has stopped working, windows searchig for a soluion. Then it tells me that it is working fine. Well it's not because I cannot open any.pdf files. I cannot open them from file explorer either. I get an error every time saying Adobe reader has stopped working. When I try to open Adobe reader it does not open but immediately says it has stopped working? I have restarted computer, reinstalled? Now what? Please help!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2012 Jun 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are trying to run version 10.2 or higher it will not work. What I had to do was finally install version 9 then it worked. Good luck

Missy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2012 Jun 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally did this and now am running version 9.5 and it seems to be working just fine again. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2013 May 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still getting the error windo with this info:

Adobe Reader has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.

Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

Windoes never closes the program ... no a solution never comes.
HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2016 Mar 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you work for Adobe. Is there no more permanent free reader available? I installed this newer DC version (didn't seem to be an option) and now it says that my free "trial" is over and I can get a generous purchase price. Maybe I am misunderstanding. I don't really use pdf much except when it comes in docs from another trusted source and I have to open it. Would like to understand this situation better. Like is there a free simple reader available? I will just reinstall that if there is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2016 Mar 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Acrobat Reader and Acrobat Manager has stopped working.

Running Windows 7 with all updates from Windows(now at 1127 updates).

Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro Windows(Student Teacher Licensing.

Please advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2012 Aug 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! What was the page to install Reader version 9? Would you mind sharing the URL? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 10, 2012 Aug 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2012 Apr 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem can't get reader to work at all on windows 7........nothing seems to work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2012 Apr 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally had to uninstall the current Adobe reader 10.1.3 version and install version 9..everything seems to be working fine now. I suggest to try that.  I don't know if it is Adobe and Windows 7 not working together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2012 Apr 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I'll try that

[auto-quote removed by host]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2012 Apr 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you...looks like that worked

[auto-quote removed by host]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines