12 Replies Latest reply: Apr 24, 2012 10:07 AM by rlauriston RSS

master ExtendScript to run FrameMaker and RoboHelp scripts?

rlauriston Community Member

I'm trying to automate generation of PDF in FrameMaker 10 and WebHelp from the same source in RoboHelp 9.

I have two scripts that are working, now I'm trying to run them as a single script.

Looking at a discussion about InDesign scripting (http://forums.adobe.com/thread/776832), I thought maybe the following would work:

robohelp.executeScriptFile("c:\\Users\\rlauriston\\Documents\\help_automation\\2_robohelp. jsx")

but when I debug it in ExtendScript Toolkit CS5.5, I get "robohelp is undefined".

Reading Adobe Creative Suite 5 JavaScript Tools Guide, I get the impression that this should work:

var projectPath = "C:\\Users\\rlauriston\\Documents\\My RoboHelp Projects\\AG\\SentrionAdminGuide.xpj";

function main()

if(projectPath == "")

//Error!. Quit RoboHelp

alert("Project path is not defined. \nPlease update the 'projectPath' variable in the script.");

RoboHelp.openProject(projectPath); //Open the project

RoboHelp.project.updateAll(true); //Update all linked documents (pass true for Force update)

RoboHelp.closeProject(); //Close project

RoboHelp.quit(); //Quit RoboHelp

but when I debug it I get "Illegal use of reserved word 'var'". If I move the var declaration to the top of the file, I get "Expected: )" on the semicolon after main().