5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 23, 2012 3:17 PM by law5150 RSS

Premiere Elements 10 has stopped working

law5150

Actually it has not worked yet.

I just installed the Premiere Elements 10 -  again, followed all the details.

My laptop is Acer Iconia 6102 dual screen touchbook

Windows 7, Intel Core i5 CPU M480@ 2.67GHz, sys mem= 4gb

Toshiba MK6465GSX disk drive, Intel HD Gaphics

The computer is new.

The dialogue says that Premiere Elements 10 has stopped working and will shut down.

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 10 has stopped working
          Steve Grisetti MVP

How much free, clean, freshly defragmented space is on your C drive? You'll need at least 20-30 gigs of free space to open the program.

You'll also want to go manually to Windows Update and ensure you have downloaded even the non-critical updates to Windows 7. Doing so nets you some important drivers that otherwise aren't downloaded to your computer.

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 10 has stopped working
            the_wine_snob Community Member

Along with Steve's suggestions, this ARTICLE might be useful.

It starts with a checklist to get PrE working best, then goes into links with tips on tuning up your system and OS, and finally, has links on troubleshooting, which sort of work up in "degree of difficulty."

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 10 has stopped working
              law5150 Community Member

434gb free, did the udate, no luck yet. I will try the next offered procedure next.

Thanks

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements 10 has stopped working
                the_wine_snob Community Member

Thank you for reporting. There should not be an issue, regarding free-space. Now, does the computer only have one HDD, your C:\, which you are reporting the free-space for?

As for the driver update, did you download and install that from either the computer's mfgr's. Web site, say Dell, or HP, or from the card/chip mfgr's. Web site, say nVidia, or ATI/AMD?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 5. Re: Premiere Elements 10 has stopped working
                  law5150 Community Member

This machine has only the one drive listed, nothing hidden. 512 gb free, removed some unecessary files. I did manual updates for the hardware and all software, everything is up to date. Went through the preceeding steps. There was no need to scan suorce files, I have nothing uploaded. The program will not complete its startup. The splash page pops up,dialogue flashes all the drivers and files being loaded, then quits. Does not open. The Organizer opens, but I still cant get PE to open thru it either. My computer wont allow me to change resolution. Could the fact that this machine is touch screen, dual display have anything to do with it? Using up too much resources? The resuorce monitor is idle @ 0. My Windows Movie Maker works fine.